Documentary "The Secrets of Sugar"

Chanti_
on 11/28/15 4:24 am - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

There is a very interesting doc on YouTube comparing the sugar industry to Big Tobacco.  As early as the 1970's they have been aware of the detrimental health effects of sugar on heart disease, diabetes and obesity.  

Their response... to find the so called "Bliss Point".  Which is how much sugar can we add to food to get people hooked and coming back for more.  Things like bread, crackers, cereal, salad dressings and pasta sauce have more sugar in them then ever before.  

I found this doc from 2013 very informative, and it is appalling how the food industry has so much clout that it seems government is content to to continue to look the other way.

Check it out if you get the chance.

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/15 6:26 am

I am sure this is just the tip of the iceberg about what the food industry does in conjunction with the government.  UGH.  Have you seen 'Fed Up'?  It was on Netflix but Katie Couric talks about obesity in relation to children and teens and some choosing to have surgery and some trying to diet.  It also talks about Michelle Obama and how she tried to fight against these companies that trick us all but once she started and realized the deep rooted ties they have in the gov't, she quit.  Thanks for the recommendation; I will definitely check it out!

Steph Meat Hag
on 1/22/16 2:18 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I wanted to say thank you for posting this.  I've been working with myself and partner about the amount of sugar I eat and my addictive like issue I have with it.  I started the video here at work but am going to watch this at home.  My fears about sugar do seem to be proving out to be a real issue that I'm concerned about.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Chanti_
on 1/23/16 12:22 am - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

Your very welcome.  This doc was very eye opening for me.  I find it interesting that of all the nutrients listed on food labels sugar is the only one not required to list a RDA (recommended daily amount).  Tell me the Sugar Lobby doesn't have the government by the balls.  The more I learn about the food industry as a whole the more I realize that the health of individuals is not even a consideration.  It's big business and big money.  People have to really look out for themselves and their health cause no one else is.  

Steph Meat Hag
on 1/23/16 8:05 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

If you've no****ched Fed Up,which can me found on Netflix you really should.  It really shows the big business side's power and some really scary facts about children and how they process all of this information.

They showed a kid who was only 14 going in for bypass.  I wasn't prepared of my lap and at 31 much less here I am at 39 looking for a revision and am just finally getting it.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active