Having a hard time with protien

Void
on 12/21/15 2:52 pm

I'm in my pre-op program for vsg surgery and my dietician has been having me keep a food log, and she wants me to keep track of the amount of protein I have, she says I should be having at least 60G a day but the highest I am able to make it is 49.

I eat kinda whatever for breakfast that's allowed and then I have a lean cuisine for lunch and dinner. It's been great for weight loss but not for protein, the highest protein lean cuisine I have is only 18G. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on simple or semi-easy ways to get all my protein in? 

Price S.
on 12/23/15 12:03 pm - Mills River, NC

you are going to need to get used to upping your protein now and after surgery.  There are some good protein suppliments and I couldn't keep mine up without them.  I use Syntrax products and you can go on line and order a sample pack.  Otherwise, deli meat is basically pure protein.  You can use it wrapped around a cheese stick for a snack or add it to your lean cuisine to up the protein in that.  Greek yogurt is great protein too for breakfast or a snack.  Use this time and the time right after surgery to start eating well and keeping your protein up.  Protein is needed for all of our muscles (think heart, it is a muscle too) and will help you keep your hair better than anything else you can do.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Brandi Girl
on 12/23/15 12:55 pm
WLS on 10/18/11

Protein shakes are probably going to be the only way you will be getting all your protein in after surgery. Your stomach will just be too small to be able to get in enough by food alone. Good time to try different ones and find the ones you like or dislike.

hollykim
on 12/26/15 7:39 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 21, 2015 at 10:52 PM Pacific Time, Void wrote:

I'm in my pre-op program for vsg surgery and my dietician has been having me keep a food log, and she wants me to keep track of the amount of protein I have, she says I should be having at least 60G a day but the highest I am able to make it is 49.

I eat kinda whatever for breakfast that's allowed and then I have a lean cuisine for lunch and dinner. It's been great for weight loss but not for protein, the highest protein lean cuisine I have is only 18G. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on simple or semi-easy ways to get all my protein in? 

eat real meat, chicken or any other dense protein instead of lean cuisine, which are really crap food.

Most Active