Having extra long days...more food or not?

cheapskate
on 1/10/16 2:54 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

I am crazy busy this week. My days, with just work, will be about 13 hours. On top of that I have to get up with the kids in the morning. I estimate I will be up 19-20 hoours a day.  I spent today cooking, measuring, weighing and getting ready for the week. So I have a bunch of preportioned food in the fridge/freezer so I have a handle on that.

But, should I allow myself extra calories? I am very strict on my counts generally but dont know if I should up them.

I am generally between 600-700 calories, 75+ or protein and >30 carbs. Should I plan for more or just fill with hot tea and what not? I dont have any hunger pains at this point so it is all on me to manage. 

Thanks for the insight!

CathyWray
on 1/30/16 6:52 am - Madison, TN

That sucks for you.  I hope it doesn't last too long at those hours. It would be a set up for me to fall into bad habits.  It sounds like you have a plan.  Go gently and listen to your body.  You can get through this and try maybe broth.  It helps  me. Good luck.

Deanna798
on 2/3/16 11:24 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Don't add more calories. As long as you are feeling good, I'd just drink something to give an extra push for fluids. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active