Messed up soo bad on Pre Op Diet!

Catwoman140
on 1/24/16 10:09 am

I have not been doing good on my pre op diet and my surgery is in a week and my last weigh in is this week on Friday. My doctor said if I do not make weight then my surgery gets pushed AGAIN and I cannot handle that! Does anybody have any tips to lose weight faster on the pre op diet? I have 5 days! (including today)! Please help me!

hollykim
on 1/24/16 1:21 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 24, 2016 at 6:09 PM Pacific Time, Catwoman140 wrote:

I have not been doing good on my pre op diet and my surgery is in a week and my last weigh in is this week on Friday. My doctor said if I do not make weight then my surgery gets pushed AGAIN and I cannot handle that! Does anybody have any tips to lose weight faster on the pre op diet? I have 5 days! (including today)! Please help me!

stay on your plan,period.

wendygail
on 2/10/16 2:34 pm - Live Oak, FL
On January 24, 2016 at 9:21 PM Pacific Time, hollykim wrote:

stay on your plan,period.

THis
 It's a great day to be alive.        
datachick
on 1/24/16 8:29 pm - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Give in and follow the process. It's good practice for the rest of your life.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

luxurycouture
on 1/24/16 11:13 pm

How badly are you messing up?

Practice good habits now or you will fail after the surgery. You have to take yourself seriously. It's worth it 

Life is what happens to you while you?re busy making other plans. ?John Lennon

White Dove
on 1/25/16 11:33 am - Warren, OH

I lost ten pounds in 11 days post-op.  No food at all.  Just clear and sugarfree liquids.  Diet cranberry juice, crystal light, broth, sugar-free jello and water.  No milk, no protein shakes, and nothing but clear liquids.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

ladygodiva1228
on 1/25/16 12:17 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Why are you not doing good on your pre-op?  Are you eating off plan? 

Why did your surgery get pushed the first time was it due to non-compliance? 

WLS is a very serious surgery and if you are having trouble now with sticking to the plan then you will have problems post-op.

Please get to a therapist to help you with your food issues. 

Remember we all had and still have issues with food you are not alone.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/25/16 12:40 pm, edited 1/25/16 4:42 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I am going to be very honest with you, and please know that this is coming from a place of wanting you to succeed and not one of meanness.

In your previous post, you mentioned that you barely passed your evaluation and were not considered a good candidate for surgery.  It seems to me that this evaluation has proven correct.  You are in the pre-op phase and you are already struggling.

This doesn't mean that you cannot become a good candidate or that you will never be a good candidate.  It does mean that there appears to be a lot of red-flags that make having major surgery that requires compliance to be successful -- questionable at best and outrightly dangerous at worst.  Non-compliance after surgery can kill you.

If it were me, I would want to work on my obstacles before undergoing major surgery.  If you doctor postponed surgery already once and you are in danger of it again -- perhaps there are issues that need to be addressed now rather than later. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/25/16 3:10 pm

I agree with Kat, and I want to add a few things. Right now, it probably seems that surgery itself is the goal, and people are throwing up roadblocks. However, surgery is just the first step.

It is easy to get caught up in magical thinking, ie, that surgery will fix us. But it doesn't. We have to fix ourselves. If we only have surgery, it's like slapping a bandage on a deep puncture wound. 

We have to get our heads right for surgery to be sucessful. Surgery restricts the volume of food we can eat. If we stick to lean protein, with some dairy and some nonstarcy vegetables, it's great. If we start letting crackers and cookies back in, it's bad. 

We can eat our way around any surgery. It is easy to comply early on after surgery, but the farther out you get the harder it gets---unless you have good habits and coping strategies to help. That is why it is important to do the head work.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/25/16 3:30 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

The people b4 me have given you great advice. I'll add that you'll have to take a hard look as to why you're messing up & perhaps you're not ready for surgery. Just like Kat mentioned, it doesn't mean that you'll never be ready. Maybe just not right now.

You have to get your head in the game & start tackling your food issues now rather than later. 5 days seems to short a time to now make whatever weight your Dr set for you & you're starting to go into panic mode. Calm down, use this time to reflect & get help so that the next time around you won't have to barely pass anything, make weight & be successful for the long term.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active