Vitamins and Minerals- Taking them in pill not chewable form. Need advice.

Verge723
on 2/1/16 9:37 am
RNY on 01/26/16

Since I got the Gastric Bypass done last week, I was told now to take the vitamins and minerals. I see that I am recommended to take the Bariatric Advantage or Bariatric Fusion chewables. They have the iron, calcium, and other supplements that I need to take for life. However, I am out of budget when it comes to buying those brands and I have pills for those supplements needed.

I am able to take pills for the past few days in full without feeling sick. However, will my body have the ability to absorb them all?

supershopper
on 2/1/16 4:00 pm

You probably need to be on chewables until they tell you specifically that you can switch.

I take centrum chewable in orange flavor or the vitamints. Ask them if you can take these instead, they are about $8-10 at walmart.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

poet_kelly
on 2/4/16 7:03 pm - OH

Your body will absorb vitamins in pill form, yes.

Note that Bariatric Fusion and Bariatric Advantage are very different supplements.  If you take Bariatric Fusion, you need to take EIGHT a day to get the vitamins and minerals you need.  Yes, I know the bottle says you only need four, but four only gives you half of what the ASMBS says you need.  And you may need addition calcium and iron on top of those eight tablets.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

grey
on 2/17/16 3:32 am - dalton, GA

hi, my drs office told me I could a multivitamin from WalMart or any store just if it says 1 you need to take 2.

Grey

Most Active