meal planners

Weightoffmyfeet
on 2/8/16 4:15 pm - Canada

For those of you that plan your meals ahead of time, what tools do you use? I haven't even had my first nutritionist appointment yet but I'm trying to figure out the bast way to plan my meals. I need something that will also tell me the stats of what I'm eating.

TIA

Sue

Sue

"I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I used to be"

Height 5'3, HW:315 (10/12/15), BMI 55.7

Orientation (12/04/15), W:312, BMI 55.2

Eggface
on 2/9/16 3:20 am, edited 2/9/16 1:53 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Fitday.com is great for calorie counting and nutritional info on common items (My Fitness Pal, Sparkpeople, Loseit are others) it's a little annoying at first to enter your info but most people after a few weeks find they eat similar foods and once you log them, you have them stored so the process becomes easier. It's a personal preference thing... most of those mentioned have free versions you can mess with and then upgrade for all the bells and whistles if desired.

If you have a personal recipe (or one from a web site) Google recipe calculator (and your app doesn't already have this feature) there are a bunch that can help you with this... basically you type in the ingredients of the recipe and then divide that totals (cals, fats, carbs, protein) the calculator gives you by the total amount of servings you get from the dish (it's not exact but close enough usually)

Your nutritionist/dietitian may have a site or calculator they prefer. 

As for the meal planning itself... I'm a pen and paper girl. I do about 3 days out. It's a great thing meal planning... http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/03/plan- for-success.html 

Best to you,

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Donna L.
on 2/11/16 8:38 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I use MyFitnessPal and Plan to Eat. :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Ams88ftw
on 2/29/16 10:04 pm

I use Lose It app.

Sonja L.
on 3/2/16 1:42 am
RNY on 12/17/15

I've found sparkpeople.com to be practical and user friendly.  I haven't used the other sites people listed.  It also helps me track my exercise, vitamin intake and a few other items.

Most Active