Liquid and Squish food stage ideas

KittysarusRex
on 4/13/16 7:39 am

Hello!

I have the issue where I get tired of foods quickly, so I wanted some ideas on what I could eat for Stage 1 and 2 (liquid and squishy foods).  I'm okay wish drinking straigh****er so I don't need anything like Crystal Light to mix into it.  Here are the items I have already on my list:

Liquids:

Chicken Broth

Beef Broth

Miso Broth

Bone Broth? (If I can find any)

Fairlife Milk

Premier Protein

Squishy:

Greek Yougurt

Cottage Cheese

Scrambled Egg w/ Cheese

Sugar Free Pudding with Protein Power mixed in

Talkingmountain
on 4/13/16 9:20 am
RNY on 12/28/15

Whole Foods carries bone broth in several flavors.  Best of all, they come in small individual cartons (somewhere around 8-12 fluid ounces each), with a screw-on, replaceable cap.  I think the cartons come in 4-packs.  Look for them in the soups and broths area.

My go-to squishy foods were:

• Instant mashed potatoes, mixed with canned green beans.  Initially I just bought them from KF****il I had the energy to make my own. You can add some unflavored protein powder to the instant potatoes, or use your high-protein fairlife milk to make them (I used high-protein almond milk instead of water to make them).
  • Canned fat-free refried beans (easy to spice up with Siracha or other sauces if you prefer).
  • Split pea soup.
  • Cream of Rice cereal with canned-in-juice peaches (mashed up the peaches with a fork).  You could cook in your fairlife milk instead of water, or add protein powder, to increase the protein content.

For liquids, I couldn't tolerate much of anything other than sugar-free popsicles and sugar-free jello (made from the box, not the pre-made kind).

I had a lot of trouble with finding foods that didn't upset my stomach, so these were life-savers.

Hope these help.

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid! 

Andy Lafferty
on 5/6/16 2:35 pm - Baltimore, MD

I was doing Cream of shrimp, cream of asparagus, ricotta cheese and baby food.

For a special treat ricotta cheese and cinnamon  mixed and heated. it tastes like the center of a  cannoli .

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

crafty_gal
on 5/9/16 12:13 pm
RNY on 04/26/16

I love, love, love Cream of Wheat, but used to add butter and brown sugar to it. Now that I can't, I found that a scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder added in (I used Jay Robb) is YUMMY!

I also really enjoy the taste of the Unjury Chicken Protein Powder, and add it to broth and all cream soups.

I have unsweetened applesauce in my frig as well as all the things you've listed... I vary it up every day.

HW: 333 Consult Weight: 318 SW: 293

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

letyann
on 7/27/16 5:01 pm

Am 7 days post I and was told to go to full liquids, is this the pureed stage as well

Most Active