vitamin b 12 elevated

ilenerich
on 5/25/16 9:38 am

I have been taking vitamin b 12 for almost 8years and now my doc says it is too high. If it does not go down she is looking for leukemia> I am scared to death. I use to buy B 12 at costco and eat them by the handful thinking they were good for energy..more is better. Has anyone else had elevated b 12 like me. Thanks you Ilene

hollykim
on 5/25/16 2:37 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 25, 2016 at 4:38 PM Pacific Time, ilenerich wrote:

I have been taking vitamin b 12 for almost 8years and now my doc says it is too high. If it does not go down she is looking for leukemia> I am scared to death. I use to buy B 12 at costco and eat them by the handful thinking they were good for energy..more is better. Has anyone else had elevated b 12 like me. Thanks you Ilene

did you tell your doc that you had been eating them by the handful?

Donna L.
on 6/11/16 10:29 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Many vitamins are unhealthy in high amounts.  B12 in excess is actually associated with the development of many cancers.  You need to tell your doctor how much you were eating and work with her.  It's still good to be screened for leukemia and other issues to rule them out.  Good luck with everything :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active