Probiotic and Omega3

Lisa F.
on 6/18/16 7:55 am
VSG on 06/06/16

Hi all -

I'm 2 weeks post op and was cleared to soft foods stage (just ate my first egg...yeah!).

I'm also cleared to start taking supplements and would like to find bariatric-friendly replacements for a couple of my supplements.

I haven't found anything for a probiotic.

Also, has anyone done fish oil this early? I can do a liquid but my nutritionist says that fats are hard to tolerate at this stage.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Lisa

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/20/16 8:06 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I picked up some Kefir from the supermarket the other day, the plain flavor is pretty low carb. I added some 0 cal caramel syrup flavoring for coffee and stuff to it, made it much easier to drink. Dont care for bitter plain yogurt flavors lol

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

sylviaarcher
on 7/10/16 5:45 am - Spruce Pine, NC
Revision on 07/18/16

Hi Lisa, Lifeway has a protein kefir that I use . http://lifewaykefir.com/products/vanilla-protein-kefir/

It is protein/carb balanced. I also take these probiotics : http://www.vitacost.com/garden-of-life-primal-defense-ultra- probiotic-formula-15-billion-cfus-216-vegetarian-capsules

I researched a bit and found they are the most comprehensive, although the they are a bit pricey. I am on pre-surgery diet right now and am thinking that post-surgery I will just pull the caps apart and take the powder. Not sure how that will work.....

i hope this was helpful! 

Sylvia

Lisa F.
on 7/11/16 6:23 am
VSG on 06/06/16

Thanks Sylvia!

I'll definitely try the kefir. I drank it alot pre-op, but know that some kefir drinks have carbonation so I assumed they wouldn't be tolerable post-op. I like that it has protein in it!

Yeah... not all probiotics are equal, as is the same for all supplements. I watched a recent Frontline program about supplements and as a result, I research the quality standards of any company before I buy.

Good luck to you with your surgery! Do you have a date set yet?

Lisa

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

sylviaarcher
on 7/13/16 3:57 pm - Spruce Pine, NC
Revision on 07/18/16

Hey! 

This one is not carbonated. 

I DO have a surgery date :) next Monday the 18th, and I am looking so forward to that egg! 

Sylvia

Most Active