Scrambled eggs

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/16 12:26 pm

I am on the pureed phase and loving the fact that I can have scrambled eggs. However, is there such a thing as too much scrambled egg? I have been having 2 scrambled eggs with a tbsp. of mild salsa between 2-3 times a day, every day. Sometimes I will swap the salsa with 1/4 cup of pureed beans (or both salsa and beans) but that is all I have been eating for the last 8 days. Am I overdoing it since I know it has fat in it but it's on my list of approved foods? I don't know what post-op caloric / fat intake is ok and it's not in my nutritional guide from the doctor. The nutritionist is on vacation but I left a message. In the meantime....

Charlie12
on 9/2/16 12:57 pm

Don't overdo it with the eggs. 5 whole eggs a day is a perfect amount. If you want you'll have to eat them without the yolk.

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/16 11:02 am
RNY on 09/26/16

I am 3 weeks post op and found out (the hard way) that I cannot tolerate eggs. I am so sad. I LOVE eggs cooked in all ways. I am hoping this is temporary as they are filling , cheap and a great source of protein. But, just had my THIRD ( yes it took me three times) dumping -like syndrome feeling pretty bad.

so I hope it passes and I can some day go back to my beloved eggs!

brneyezz45
on 10/23/16 11:31 am
Revision on 10/18/16

My doc says to use Egg Beaters only.

Most Active