I need to meal plan. Ideas?

taylohalo
on 9/7/16 11:49 am
RNY on 07/13/16

I am a busy single mom and I need to plan meals and cook in bulk on weekends to help with my busy weeks.  Almost 2 months in GB and deciding what to eat has been very difficult.  Another downfall is I hate most vegetables.  Thought I was doing well with my Juice Plus when my nutritionist told me the capsules probably were not even dissolving. 

On my list so far is the following but I am getting so sick of these. 

chicken salad

tuna salad

chili

baked potatoes

eggs

beans & sausage

Donna L.
on 9/8/16 4:47 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I cook 3 pounds of chicken breasts at the start of the week and cook it before portioning it into 4 ounces for meals.  I use spices that vary; curry one week, harissa the next, italian the third.  I used to hate vegetables, but I've "trained" myself to enjoy them.  Everyone is different.  This week I bought sugar free barbeque sauce at Walmart and made BBQ chicken and 1/4c of sweet potato per serving.  I usually skip veggies all together unless it's in a quiche.  Truthfully, there's often not room for any after protein for me.

We actually don't know if capsules like that work in the body as well as vegetables.  Could you do a quiche or stir fry? Those can last a week and are also very edible.

Soups are good too.  You could easily make soups low in carbs and puree veggies in them so you don't notice.

I also make meatballs with veggie marinara.  If you put a few carrots in tomato sauce it helps make it less acidic.  Another good way to get some veg, at least.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Donna L.
on 9/8/16 4:57 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I make these with sugar free barbeque sauce and no breadcrumbs.  They work well for making ahead:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/meatloaf-muffins-with-barbecue-sauce-recipe.html

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Gwen M.
on 9/12/16 1:49 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

There's a daily post on the RNY forum that should give you lots of great ideas :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Insert Fitness
on 9/15/16 8:13 am

to add to others, if you use pinterest, check out wls, meal prep, bento lunches. tons of stuff there too!

Ginnny
on 9/15/16 10:40 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I make shepperd's pie in mini loaf pans, 3 oz ground beef, and an ounce or 2 of mashed potato, freeze them and just take out one at a time.  I also do the same with mini meatloaf.

egg salad or devilled eggs,

Deli turkey/ham/summer sausage with a cheese stick.

Most Active