Meals and snacks ideas

khunton
on 11/1/16 2:26 pm

I've been really bad lately and fell off the wagon. Trying to get back on. I'm needing some ideas of meals and snacks. I work long days. Monday-Saturday and live alone so it's hard for me to find motivation to cook after work and just for myself. 

Void
on 11/2/16 2:03 am

I recommend utilizing a crockpot if you have one, if not, definitely a life-saving investment, especially if you don't feel like cooking when you get home. I like to make salsa chicken, just throw some chicken in the crock pot with a jar of salsa and set it on low for 6-8 hours then shred it when it's done, throw some sour cream on it and yummm.

Steamed broccoli and shrimp with a little low sodium soy sauce on top if you're craving Chinese.

The weigh****chers parmesan baked chicken recipe is actually super yummy!

For snacks, I really like to boil a couple eggs and then mix the yolk with a little fat-free mayo for a knock off deviled egg and sliced banana with some cinnamon sprinkled on top.

If I think of more, I'll let you know!

TeenSleever
on 11/5/16 12:58 pm, edited 11/5/16 5:58 am

Hmm I am a 2nd year university student and also just too tired (okay fine too lazy) to cook so here are some things I do at 2 years post op:

Breakfast-1 scrambled egg and a piece of cheese. Really delicious and fills me up for a few hours. also super quick in the morning!

Lunch and dinner I like to do mostly lean dense protein so basically meat. I buy the frozen pre-cooked chicken or shrimp or meatballs so all I need to do is microwave them and throw them in a container to go to school or when I get home I can just microwave them and eat them. Can also add a sprinkle of shredded cheese on top and melt it which tastes great

Snacks:my favourite because there are so many options that I can throw into my bag! almonds, pure protein or quest bars, fruit, fat free greek yogurt, sugar free pudding, or I will do my own "protein pack" things with 2 lean turkey pepperoni sticks and a babybel lite cheese. veggies and hummus are also a great option as well as just a piece of cheese.

Good luck!

Catek2652
on 11/24/16 4:11 am
RNY on 10/26/15

Sometimes I crave bacon. I will cook off an entire package in the oven (lay the strips out on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake at 350 until almost crisp about 20 minutes). Then I pack up the bacon strips in individual serving sizes (2 strips per package) and freeze them. On those evenings when I don't feel like cooking, I can nuke the bacon for a minute or so, and crumble it over a green salad with shredded cheese, or make my own version of a BLT by wrapping it in a large lettuce leaf or a carb-free pancake. I also make up the "pancakes" on a day when I have a little time and freeze them individually.

I'm also loving cauliflower rice. You can make your own and freeze it or buy it already prepped in the freezer section. It's pretty easy to top it with a few steamed shrimp, or a bit of chicken. Like a writer above, a crockpot is wonderful. You can also cook a hunk of beef in a slow cooker with sugar free BBQ sauce (or Carolina BBQ sauce) and then shred it and again freeze in individual portion sizes. I use those little 1/4 cup plastic ware containers for stuff like this for freezing. I just pop it out on a plate when it's time to eat and nuke it.

For snacks I eat cheese sticks, measured portions of nuts (too easy to get lost in the can/bag), pork rinds.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Eggface
on 11/26/16 1:26 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

johnbaker
on 12/1/16 4:23 am

I did for a while too, its so hard, thought about going to a group to talk about it! Think it will help.. But I started cooking more stuff that I enjoy, I got a free rice sample recently http://www.wowfreestuff.co.uk/free-amira-basmati-rice-sample / and its really good! so made some spinach, vege, chicken and rice with some herbs and spices was really good.... 

Most Active