Pad Thai- bean sprouts instead of noodles?

TeenSleever
on 11/5/16 12:51 pm

My absolute favourite food before surgery has always been pad thai from Thai Express. After surgery, I have stopped eating bread/rice/pasta especially rice and pasta because they are just too filling and heavy on my pouch so i dont tolerate them that well even at a little over 2 years out. I still like to go there with my friends though even if I was a little reluctant at first because I have always hated eating out after surgery. But I have been replacing my noodles with bean sprouts so it would cut down the carbs. Does anyone else do that? I personally like it a lot because I am still getting to eat my favourite food and 1 container is always around 3 meals for me so I always eat it over the course of 2-3 days.

Donna L.
on 11/6/16 5:02 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I often get pho with bean sprouts instead of noodles, and 2x the meat.  It comes out very good. :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Insert Fitness
on 11/8/16 2:52 pm

I was just talking to a friend and wondering what I'd order at a Vietnamese restaurant! 

Insert Fitness
on 11/8/16 2:53 pm

I've made a bean sprout pad Thai at home, and I've tried a few chow menu type dishes. They are great!

Most Active