Post-op Soup

Gladgrad
on 11/20/16 10:23 am

My Doctor only had me on the phase 1 diet for 48 hours, so now I'm onto phase 2. So I put a scoop of Chunky sirloin burger soup, a scoop of Cauliflower Cheddar soup, and a splash of red potato soup in the blender. It is very tasty and easy to get down. I have also found a new use for my tiny sushi soy sauce dipping bowls, which hold around 2 Tbl. for my cottage cheese and other meal items. Paired with tiny tasting spoons, it keeps me eating tiny amounts slowly. I'm getting my protein in via drinks and water. I'm loving the Isopure pineapple flavor.

I know some may say that the soups have veggies and I'm supposed to concentrate on my protein. The 2 or so Tbl of soup I get down makes me feel better about getting some variety and it is satisfying. 

Loving my Barbie sized cottage cheese portions. 

So far so good.

VSG 11/17/16  down 18 lbs so far.

Hoping to rid myself of 100 lbs and health issues.

Vigdis
on 12/19/16 4:20 pm
RNY on 12/05/16

Have you tried adding unflavored protein powder to the soups?  That could possibly balance out any carbs from the vegetables.  I'm still on the immediate post-op liquid diet and have yet to eat anything besides protein shakes, broth, and water.  I'm thinking that when I get the okay to advance my diet, I'm going to add protein powder to soups and yogurt and things like that.  

Most Active