gained 350lbs after car accident &2yrs in Nursing home bed . RNY in 2004;must loose wt to...

SugarPlumbFairy
on 1/4/17 5:38 pm

I'll try to keep this short, I was 350 when I got out of the nursing home I have been stuck in a bad at for two years. Before that I was under 180 for 10 years after RNY Bypass. 

1. I had malabsorbtion before and went from 350 to looking like a skeleton till I got my weight back up to 160-180. Due to briddle bones I shattered like Humpty Dumpty in a car accident. 
  2. Horrible diet/food in Nursing home, couldn't eat half the food they feed me so I lived on Atkins Bars, and a high carb trail mix with granola and Chocolate peanuts so between laying in bed on my back and eating that stuff with my Dt. Coke I had walmart deliver non perishable snacks (no chips etc). Gained 170lbs so once I started PT I finally got to a point where I could stand just enough to move from wheel chair to bed/cammode so I got to come to home care in September.
  3. Since sept I have been eating like miss Piggy with deserts every night and I lost 25lbs some how currently I need to loose wt faster so that I can walk again. So... time to put away all the over-the-top home goodies I missed in the Hospital and have been over indulging in.

I think I am going to just do a 30 day Atkins type carb/sugar cleanse to start with, I grave sweets after every meal,  any good recipe links to help keep it interesting? Sugar Alcohol makes me ravenously hungry so I look forward to some fruits after my 30 days.

Kathy S.
on 1/4/17 5:41 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I am so sorry to hear all you have been through. Come on over to the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY) and we can help and support you.  Check out the daily eating thread for meal ideas.  I also have a list on steps about getting back to the basics I will send you.  

Hope to see you there  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

SugarPlumbFairy
on 1/5/17 5:20 pm

I am elated someone replied, can I have my post moved over there or should I re-post to introduce myself? 

Kathy S.
on 1/5/17 5:54 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Repost to introduce yourself. Copy and past your post above!  Let me know if you need anything else.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Shellie76567
on 1/12/17 4:19 pm
RNY on 06/29/16

So sorry about what you have gone through. It sounds like you have a plan in place. Stick with it. High protein and low carbs is usually always the best way to go especially when you need to cut the sugar craving. Prayers for you

Most Active