Baby food?

yvranx42
on 1/16/17 8:11 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

I'm getting sleeved two weeks from Wednesday, and trying to plan in advance for the stages of eating afterwards. Given the nature of eating soft / pureed foods, commercial baby food came to mind as an easy, transportable way of getting protein in. I haven't researched the nutritional content of the "meat" items that are available, but just wondering if anyone else has tried and had any experience with this? Thanks!

Butterfly618
on 1/17/17 10:11 am - NJ

Hi when I had my surgery I did use baby food.  I added it to Tomato soup and It was wonderful.  It help me get in my protein and a great transport for work.  Good luck to you.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

yvranx42
on 1/18/17 7:47 am
VSG on 02/01/17

Thank you! Seems like a good thing to have around in a pinch, especially at work where prep options can be limited.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/17/17 3:32 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Yes, I've eaten baby food, actually it was a suggestion by the nutritionist as I was moving from 1 stage to the other. Felt like an idiot shopping for baby food with no baby. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

yvranx42
on 1/18/17 7:48 am
VSG on 02/01/17

Great, thank you!

CelticRavens
on 1/19/17 8:56 am
RNY on 12/19/16

It's been 22 years since I shopped for baby food & found it's expensive now, so I only picked up a couple of jars, but the prices were a factor for me.

Instead I made up tuna salad, subbing plain Greek yogurt for mayo, dropped it in the blender on frappe til it was the consistency of baby food; very high protein & the flavor I missed. Then I portioned it out into square 4oz Ziploc containers I'd picked up from the store. I also pureed yams, & beef veggie soup to store this way. They stack well taking up little room in my fridge & the portion size is right. Easy to grab & go.

CJ 55 6'1 HW 415 SW 349 CW 263

Surgeon's goal - 245lbs My goal - 215 -195lbs

yvranx42
on 1/19/17 8:59 am
VSG on 02/01/17

Great, thanks for the tips!

upstateadkgirl
on 1/24/17 10:50 am
VSG on 02/20/17

Hi, I am scheduled for my surgery February 20.  I have been busy pureeing some foods.  The paperwork I had says, blenderize, blenderize, blenderize and they weren't kidding.  So I did buy a couple of containers of baby food just in case and have been pureeing leftover meats that I am currently eating and freezing in ice cube trays and transferring to zip lock freezer bags.  So far I have done homemade veggie soup, turkey, chicken, pork chop and did try fish but really can't say how it will taste.  I even made applesauce since we should be able to eat a little of that afterward.

Hope this helps a little as I am trying to gather any and all the information I can to make this work.  I also have bought a baby dish that you pu****er in the bottom of to heat up the small portions we can have.  

Good luck on your surgery and hope you post how you are doing.

Linda

Age 64 5'3'

HW: 248 SW: 209 CW: 178 GW ?

hollykim
on 1/19/17 12:40 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 17, 2017 at 4:11 AM Pacific Time, yvranx42 wrote:

I'm getting sleeved two weeks from Wednesday, and trying to plan in advance for the stages of eating afterwards. Given the nature of eating soft / pureed foods, commercial baby food came to mind as an easy, transportable way of getting protein in. I haven't researched the nutritional content of the "meat" items that are available, but just wondering if anyone else has tried and had any experience with this? Thanks!

you obviously have never tasted baby food...

Sai F.
on 1/21/17 2:13 pm
VSG on 09/02/16

During the pureed stage, I ate some baby food too. Just like you mentioned, just read the labels. :) Congratz on your upcoming surgery!

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Most Active