Vitamins

IndyShrinking
on 1/25/17 8:52 am
VSG on 08/25/16

I'm not sure if this is best fit here but have any of you had issues with vitamins? Mine tend to make me sick at least if I don't eat solid with it. And its weird I have to eat then take it then eat some more or I will get sick too. I switched from chewables to capsules because the taste of the chewable was awful and made me sick as a dog. X.x any advice??

Thanks!

Frenchyprof927
on 1/25/17 2:49 pm
VSG on 12/27/16

Are you taking bariatric specific vitamins?  I have found I tolerate them better. I am taking capsules as well because I couldn't tolerate the chewable ones. 

Are you having any discomfort taking them in the middle of your meal, other than the adding liquid when you eat?  If not, I would keep on that track for a while and then try switching it up again. 

Good luck!

IndyShrinking
on 1/25/17 8:12 pm
VSG on 08/25/16

Yes, the brand of capsules and the chewable's I've taken have both been bariatric brands recommended by my surgeon and his team. I don't know if they might be too strong? or I may just be sensitive. No, I don't have any discomfort like I said I have to have food in my stomach and then take the vitamin then eat right afterward or I get sick :/ it's annoying haha. I only use a little water just to get the capsule down my throat but not enough to cause discomfort. 

Insert Fitness
on 1/26/17 4:26 am

I actually had a hard time with bariatric specific vitamins, and use regular vitamins instead. Might be worth trying. 

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Focused1
on 1/27/17 12:57 pm

I actually use gummies because chewables and pills made me sick, literally. I also break them up and take half in the morning and the rest at night. My tummy is sensitive to those things too, so you're not alone. I'm contemplating trying the patches... Have you heard good things about them?

MsTwinkles
on 1/29/17 4:28 pm
RNY on 01/16/17

Since childhood, taking a multivitamin has always made me feel sick at my stomach for hours (whether in chewable or tablet form).

I saw my G.P. last week and he recommended that I take the multivitamin right before going to bed.  

I haven't had this problem since.

cehraymer
on 2/14/17 10:59 am

Its important to remember that in order to absorb D3, you need K2 with it. NOW makes a combo tablet that will help you better absorb the D3. I've been low vitamin D since my RNY 6 years ago and tried everything including prescription 50,000 IU 1x a week. I then switched to 5000mg 1x a day and still was low. It wasn't until I added the D3 combined with the K2 that I saw improvements in my numbers and my energy level.

Dteag
on 2/21/17 5:24 pm
RNY on 02/21/18

Indy, I am actually 15 years out of surgery and have found that the gummy vitamins work best for me. They do have a bit of sugar but not enough to make you sick, they are easier to swallow, and my doctors have told me to take my vitamins with food because they think they are absorbed better if taken with food. Everyone is different and you have to experiment a little to see what works best for you. Walgreens is great for buy one get one deals as well :)

Most Active