Unsure of how to delete this.

Stacy E.
on 2/6/17 5:16 pm, edited 7/15/17 3:40 pm

Deleted all the message in this one, i was unsure of how to delete it.

hollykim
on 2/8/17 8:02 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 7, 2017 at 1:16 AM Pacific Time, SEyre528 wrote:

Hey Everyone, I do a lot of reading and learning from all of you and never post anything of my own. But I need a lot of help getting to where a lot of you are. I know I can lose weight if I tried really hard. I have to lose 35lbs before surgery and I literally have like 15 days to do it. I know thats not realistic, but I would like to at least show my doctor that I can lose some of it. You know what I mean? I feel like without following a strict meal plan that I will always keep falling off of the wagon, and not succeed. I know I probably don't make a whole lot of sense. I was wondering if any of you have any SIMPLE meal prepping ideas, or even list of your own that could help me stay on track from here on out. Im a list type of person, and I can't seem to come up with a meal prepping list of my own. Can anyone out there help me come up with something? Please :)

Thank you.

-Stacy 

I can't see you losing 35 # in 15 days, but if I was going to try, I would have 5 protein shakes a day and one lean and green  meal, a salad with meat on it and no starchy vegetables. 

It is simple and takes little "prepping".

Insert Fitness
on 2/9/17 6:41 am

What you're asking isn't very realistic, but there is a lot you can do in advance of your appointment. Most if what you can lose is water weight, but it might make a difference on the scale. (Is losing this weight a condition of approval?)

Cut out as many carbs as you can ( no bread, rice, pasta, sugar etc)

eat mostly protein, 3-4 oz per meal. For simplicity sake, aim for servings the size of a deck of cards( but I suggest buying a scale, youll need it post op)protein = chicken, pork, fish, beef, eggs. I'd avoid anything salty that might make you retain fluids.

Low carb veggies: dark leafy greens, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower 

Drink a lot of water, and don't drink any calories. No juice, etc.

Having said all that,  I think your energy is better served by showing your surgeon you a learning about nutrition, and how you will manage meals and post op life. The surgery isn't a cure. You need to learn everything you can to make it work!

good luck!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Renee C.
on 2/12/17 5:36 pm - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

I'm curious where the 'lose 35# before surgery' came from.  Is your doctor giving you 15 days to do this or have you had a while and what you were doing didn't work?

A lot of us are put on a "shrink your liver" diet the 2 weeks before surgery, which is pretty much where you are.  If you do that, you are likely to lose at least some weight, depending on how overweight you are.

Mine was:  3 Premier Protein shakes, 1 Lean Cuisine, 1 cup non-starchy vegetables (no dressing or dip, just the veggies)

The prepackaged food is all about portion control.  It's not healthy in the long run, but for 2 weeks, doable.  The frozen meals had to be higher-protein ones with

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

upstateadkgirl
on 2/27/17 11:31 am
VSG on 02/20/17

I had to lose 5% of my current weight so about 10.5 lbs.  I went on their diet immediately even though I had a little more than a month before my surgery.  I was told to keep my carbs to under 30 grams per day and about 80 or more grams of protein.  It's important to keep track of the carbs because most things have carbs in them.  I had to cut out everything "white".  Bread, pasta, desserts, chips, etc.  I thought it would be hard to do but actually once I started I was so motivated for the surgery that I didn't even crave the things I loved.  I had a protein shake in the morning, 2 hard eggs and 1/2 cup low sugar, low carb cottage cheese for lunch and a protein meat for dinner with a veggie.  I'd look for the lowest carb possible.  I stayed away from fruits and fruit juices as they have too many carbs.  In the evening however, if I still had carbs and wanted a treat, I'd have sliced strawberries.....always weighed them out first.  I was able to lose 21 lb. before my surgery.  I am 1 week out today and have lost 5 more.

Good luck to you.

Linda

Age 64 5'3'

HW: 248 SW: 209 CW: 178 GW ?

Most Active