Restaurants good for staying on track?

MonaLyssa33
on 2/25/17 4:36 pm - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 02/20/17

I'm still on liquids, but down the line I'd like to know what my best options are for eating out. I'm also going on vacation to San Francisco this summer so I'd like to prepare for that too.

Highest Weight ~400, Surgery Weight 293, Current Weight 227, Goal Weight 180

Highest BMI: 59.1, Current BMI: 32, Goal BMI: 25

VSG on February 20, 2017

Renee C.
on 2/27/17 8:55 am - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

Look for restaurants that offer meat + veggies.  Look up the menu in advance online so you can check out the nutritional information.  Ask for no bread.  Sub veggies for fries.  That sort of thing.

I don't know that there are specific restaurants that are particularly good for staying on track.  Maybe some of the vets have better advice.

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/17 9:55 am
Renee C.
on 3/2/17 8:47 pm - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

I wanted to add that as someone in the soft food stage, I forgot my lunch the other day. I walked over to the Quiznos (sub sandwich shop) and asked for a scoop of tuna in a dish. She gave me two huge scoops and charged me $2. I could only eat a little of it of course, but it was perfect, just soft tuna and mayo.

Our team went out for Thai food the other day. I just skipped the rice and had red curry on it's own. That seemed to work just fine and I got a container of the rest to go. There was some pressure for me to eat the raw spring rolls but I'm not able to eat raw veggies just yet -- too bad since otherwise it'd be a pretty healthy choice, it's like raw lettuce, cabbage, carrot, sprouts in a thin rice wrapper.

Had a birthday dinner for a family member at Red Robin and looked up the menu in advance -- had the small cup of chili and some unsweetened iced tea.

I figure there's usually some workaround at whatever restaurant you end up at. If nothing on the menu looks right, you can talk to the waiter/waitress and see if they can modify something for you.

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

mi75
on 4/8/17 4:48 pm
VSG on 06/01/14

I like Qdoba because I can get just some meat, veg, guac and salsa.

I also use Jersey Mike subs- you can get ANY of their subs in a bowl without a bun. The chicken philly is AWESOME.

I generally love Wendy's chili too and have eaten so much of it since my surgery that I had to back off

I have heard that Chick-Fill-a has some grilled chicken nuggets, but we don't have one around me. I would love those

Most Active