Cabbage diet, is it safe for us?

laceydore
on 3/9/17 5:55 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/15/10

I need to know if I can go on the cabbage diet after having gastric bypass. I've recently gained 10lbs. in the last 3 weeks and I am disgusted with myself, and I feel this is a good way for me to jump start my future diet, yet I don't know if it is safe for a bypass patient. Can anyone help me in this regard? If it's not safe for me, is there, or what can I do, to start to lose that weight. I was comfortable at 145lbs, I am grossed out with myself for this weight gain. I know one of my biggest issues is lack of exercise, but I suffer from fibromyalgia, severely, so much so that many days I can barely get off the couch for moments at a time. Any suggestions as to what I can do, cuz I know I could stick to the cabbage diet for 7 days, I love cabbage, yet I know how much we have to have protein, so I don't know what to do. Any helpful tips will be great. Thank you for anyone *****ad my story.

Renee C.
on 3/9/17 10:08 pm - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

For more replies, maybe post over in the General or RNY space?

I'd suggest skipping the cabbage diet and going back to the very basics of WLS eating, along with weighing & measuring everything and tracking it in My Fitness Pal or something similar.

That way you'll be in a pattern that you can continue, rather than a short-term diet.

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/12/17 1:22 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'd try cross posting on the main/rny board. In a nutshell this is a fad diet & like so many fad diets they work in the short term but overall it doesn't work, plus you'll lose out on a lot of nutrients that you'll need to stay healthy. Since you malabsorb nutrients for life, I'd be leery of trying anything that would restrict me nutrition wise.

Don't worry so much about the lack of exercise, ultimately its what you put in your mouth that matters most. People have lost weight without exercise., it helps, but not as much as you think.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

laceydore
on 3/12/17 7:11 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/15/10

Thank you all for responding to my question. I ended up calling my Dr. and asking if i could do the cabbage diet, and they said absolutely not. I have to go back to protein protein protein, and veggies, then fruit. Keeping a food journal is also something I am going to start to do again too. I wish I could exercise like I use to, but my pain from my fibromyalgia just makes it impossible. the constant pain is just unbearable. So, I am going to do as you all have said, and go back to the basics, start from the beginning, and not worry about losing the weight so fast (I was considering starving myself), so, thank you friends with your words of help and encouragement.

Benfungiso4
on 3/29/17 4:19 am

Thank you for the link here @T Hagalicious Rebel. I am also not agree about surgery. I will visit your link here for more details.

Most Active