Low Potassium

upstateadkgirl
on 6/5/17 12:24 pm
VSG on 02/20/17

Hi, I am 3 months post VGS surgery. I had blood work done and my potassium is low. Took 3 potassium pills every 6 hrs for 24 hours and another blood test I was still low. Repeated same thing and my level went even lower. Anyone else had or have issue with low potassium? Now I have to take a pill every day and have my blood work done in another week. I just wondered what could be causing my issue since I have never had low potassium levels before.

Thanks for your help.

Linda

Age 64 5'3'

HW: 248 SW: 209 CW: 178 GW ?

Magill2
on 7/28/17 5:17 pm

I take one daily Klor Con M20-Potassium. My potassium tanked while in the hospital and an IV drop of potassium was required. You may look into this medication.

upstateadkgirl
on 8/16/17 1:42 pm
VSG on 02/20/17

Thanks for letting me know that. I was put on a pill for 3 months and now its back to normal. Since I've started being able to eat a little more they have taken me off the pill to see if my potassium stays u*****t. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I was able to go off my blood pressure pills and tried my cholesterol, but because of family history of heart disease I had to go back on that pill as that part had increased. Oh well.

Linda

Age 64 5'3'

HW: 248 SW: 209 CW: 178 GW ?

Most Active