Is there ANYONE here who is NOT getting surgery?

Paperlike
on 3/14/18 6:38 am

Honestly what did you expect when you come in guns blazing complaining about a WLS board being devoted to mostly WLS discussion? Were you expecting everyone to pat you on the back for criticising their health decisions? Imagine going on an IF board and telling people there that it's unhealthy. You'd get the same reaction.

5'2 240 . Referral Feb 15th 2018 . Contact from hospital March 13th . Group info session April 23rd .

CarlRay
on 3/16/18 10:43 am
RNY on 02/28/17

My sentiment exactly. He referred multiple times to surgery as "stupid" and "unnecessary", and that we were "duped", and then denied it as part of a response to me earlier. In reality, he didn't take off HIS blinders to read what most of us are saying. I have tried the IF method, extensively, and for a while, it works but is not in my experience and observation (not just with my own life) a sustainable choice. Even WLS isn't sustainable unless we work the process as designed.

I attended the classes with the same fear and skepticism he did. I researched extensively, and like a lot of us here, opted "in" on the process, knowing the future requirements. He didn't. Simple as that. It doesn't make us wrong for choosing it.

His delivery and demeanor was however, very wrong in my opinion. At any rate, I wish him luck.

Gwen M.
on 3/14/18 1:51 pm
VSG on 03/13/14
On March 14, 2018 at 1:36 AM Pacific Time, Finsternis wrote:

As many of you will I'm sure be glad to hear, I am giving up and leaving. The one thing we agree on it that I will never convince you. You'll all made your decisions already and they can't be reversed, which is very sad to me but can't be changed now. I was hoping to reach some pre-surgical people, but sadly again, there aren't any. I'm sad that so many of you are rude and insulting to people who say things you disagree with even when they're true. I'm sad that there is such a clear lack of knowledge about important issues. I'm sad that there are so many myths and incorrect information about fasting out there.

Mostly I'm sad that so many people today choose to remain immune to any opinion or knowledge that they don't already agree with and refuse to consider new things. Clinging blindly to your old way of thinking in the face of new evidence is really bad. But, once again, I'm not going to solve that problem here either, so I bid you adieu.

I'm sure many of you will want to write extended rants defending your positions. Save your time. I won't see them. I'm unsubscribing from this thread and not returning to this site (waits for cheers to subside). Have fun discussing issues only with people who already agree with you. Write all you want, but I'll never see it.

Adieu!

Feel free to come back in 5 years when you're still SMO and struggling. We'll be here, ready to help.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

rocky513
on 3/14/18 4:46 pm - WI

Wishing you the best of luck.

With your "holier than thou, know it all" attitude you need all the luck you can get.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

White Dove
on 3/13/18 7:13 pm - Warren, OH

It was recommended by Dr Adkins for people who were burned out on his protein diet plan. You eat only fresh fruit and vegetables.

No meat, no fish, no dairy, and no sugar or flour or white carbs. Just fresh apples, peaches, pears, berries, grapes, pineapple, cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, melon, green beans, spouts or onions.

The trick is you do no protein for a while. I did it for a month. I had stalled after two years low carb. I lost 14 pounds and went back to low carb.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active