High Protein diet

precious929
on 3/7/18 11:28 am

I have had 20grams of protein today, which used around 400 calories.

What can I eat in order to get at least 40 more grams of protein in under 800 calories?

I am a vegetarian (no meat or seafood) so my options are limited...

CJ On Orcas
on 3/12/18 6:21 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Greek yogurt, cheese, can you eat eggs? Protein powders, cottage cheese

Donna L.
on 3/13/18 6:50 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Premier Protein's clear shakes use whey protein and are 90 calories and 20g of protein. Whey and soy protein can also be added to things to boost it. But, protein powder can always help augment what you are eating. Whey protein isolate is the most digestible, though.

If you are post-op be aware that the protein in plants is not as well absorbed as from animal sources, so you may need to rely more on protein powders.

Here's an example of whey protein with decent amounts and low calories per scoop:

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Paperlike
on 3/14/18 7:05 am

Soy milk has 8g protein, silken tofu has 21 g protein, blend together with cocoa powder and sweetener or some protein powder for easy protein.
Cottage cheese also has 13 grams per half cup.

5'2 240 . Referral Feb 15th 2018 . Contact from hospital March 13th . Group info session April 23rd .

hollykim
on 3/25/18 1:41 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 7, 2018 at 7:28 PM Pacific Time, precious929 wrote:

I have had 20grams of protein today, which used around 400 calories.

What can I eat in order to get at least 40 more grams of protein in under 800 calories?

I am a vegetarian (no meat or seafood) so my options are limited...

you could eat 400 more calories of wa

hat you have already eaten. That would work.

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/18 12:10 am

People may have different opinion on fats, carbs, and everything in between, but everyone agrees that protein is important for health. Eating protein-rich foods helps in building muscle, promoting weight loss and feeling full after eating. It is quite beneficial to eat lots of proteins, but the crux is that you should eat a balanced diet to stay healthy. https://goo.gl/2y9FVC

Most Active