Gained some post VSG 4 years ago time for liquid diet!!!!

lmcintyre85
on 3/30/18 10:52 am
VSG on 01/15/14

Hi ya'll it's been a while since I have been on here.

Fast forward -- I had VSG down in 1/14 lost the majority of the weight in the first 8 months. My highest weight was 320 and after VSG got down to 175ish. I had a tummy tuck and breast lift done August 2016 and since then life has gotten in the way. I lost both my parents which put me in a downward spiral.

I currently weigh 218 and determined to get back to 175 or even smaller. I have decided to do a liquid fast containing broth, sugar free jello, sugar popsicle etc etc.

I would love to have some others that are in the same boat do this with me and see what we can accomplish!!

Kathyjs
on 4/10/18 6:50 am, edited 4/9/18 11:51 pm

Do you want a quick loss that will come back,usually with more? Dear one. Diets make us fat. You know the answer is portion control since you have lost weight. I am so sorry for your loss but you know food won't help the pain. Start a good diary, clean house of all the crap. Weigh and measure. It might not help you loose real fast but it will get you back on track to a healthy life. Good luck, you can do it !

mi75
on 4/22/18 8:55 am
VSG on 06/01/14

Doing a 'reset' is a decent way to get things going, especially to purge your system of all the sugar and carbs that might be present. However, you should follow a specific plan from a doc or a bariatric nut. Doing just a liquid fast for any amount of time is just a recipe for rebound. For many, the best option is to go back to a pre-op style of eating for a time.

I also regained 4 years post op got it together by doing just a few days of a 'reset' (shakes, jello, broth- all of the pre-op foods) then went strictly keto. in about 4 months I lost a 40 lb regain, have reversed a health issue and feel great. I would still like to lose another 25 to get to my actual goal weight (followed by my plastics work hopefully early next year).

annmarie62
on 6/26/18 8:50 pm - Union City, CA

How are you doing? I had surgery in 2009. Highest was 286 then down to 135. Now I'm at 185 ugh. I learned how to eat crackers and snacks again. Need to get back on track.

annmarie62
on 6/26/18 8:53 pm - Union City, CA

How are you doing? I had surgery in 2009. Highest was 286 then down to 135. Now I'm at 185 ugh. I learned how to eat crackers and snacks again. Need to get back on track.

LLW41
on 7/12/18 7:38 pm

Hi there! I am curious how you are doing with this? I am in somewhat of a same situation and am considering the "reset," followed by maintenance

Most Active