Going to first visit

Sharha M.
on 7/4/04 3:44 am - Las Vegas, NM
Hi my name is Sharha and I am going to my first visit on Wen. July 7th 2004 in Lubbock Texas. I am from New Mexico. I have lookied into this procdure for like 2 years now and I have decided to do it. I weight 274 lbs and my BMI is 43.5 I am 28 years old I am hoping that the insurance gives me the go ahead and dose not make this a long drawn out thing. I came to this site at the suggestion of my dr. advice. I am looking for people to chat with me about the RNY any advice or other web site I can gos to for more Information. I was on the waiting list to have it done in Albuquerque but they have stopped I guess from what the news said peopled dired thats my worst fear. The dr. I am going to see now is Freeza in Libbock.
Valle C.
on 7/12/04 6:06 am - Santa Ana, CA
Hi Sharha I just had a LAP RNY at USC University Hospital last wednesday 7/7. I came home on Friday and feel pretty good today. I, too, researched for several years prior to "going for it". I understand your apprehension and was very scared of "dying" or having a drastic side effect. Here's my advise. Research your physician and hospital well. Lose weight before, it'll make it easier. Follow all of your Dr.s directions and above all else keep a good attitude. I decided that I was going to have a good attitude no matter how awful the thing was, and that seemed to help me. The nurses loved me (and the interns) and gave me lots of extra attention and I seemed to heal quicker due to the attitude and attention. OH, and when you are on that first day post op. Remember this, every second you are getting a little bit better and feeling bad doesn't last too long. If you have had a C-Section, I will tell you it's not as bad as that. Please feel free to email me if you have any specific questions. My email is listed on this site on my profile. Best wishes and good luck. I am grateful to god that I am on the other side happy and healthy. I am praying it stays that way.
Most Active