Thiamin Deficient?

Rissa G.
on 7/26/04 11:14 am - Modesto, CA
Anyone experiencing this? I have high liver counts, thiamin deficiency, my legs don't work, I drop everything I pick up, mental confusion & severe hair loss. Anybody got info out there?
Marie C.
on 9/9/04 5:52 am - Dallas, TX
Hair loss is a big problem for a lot of people of WLS. I used to have a "mane" of hair.....it has really thinned out. I am seeing "tiny hairs" coming back in. Your legs won't work? High liver count? You had best get this checked by your primary care physician. It took me over 3 months post op to actually function. I did not have the energy level. Some people jumped right back into life...not me. My surgery was 12/09/03 and I am still recovering. But life is so good, now. My problem is, I don't know when to stop. My surgeon says I have lost too much weight....it's kind of scarry. Hang in there....but do get to your primary care physician.
Sherry_Berry
on 10/31/04 5:19 am - Dacula, GA
My doctor has us take thiamin, viatamin B1 as post-ops...are you on a supplement?
Eileen W.
on 11/24/04 1:16 am - Edinburgh, IN
Sherry, this is a very serious issue. You need to get in to see your bariatric physician as soon as possible. Make sure you are taking your vitamins daily. You may need to be put in the hospital to get this under control and you may need to be put on sterroids for a while to help correct this. This is not something to sit on. This will only become worse and sometimes can progress to being a perminant nervous system problem. So, do not wait around and go see your physician as soon as possible. Eileen
Most Active