PROTEIN SHAKE RECIPE HELP???!!!

Jeannie K.
on 12/29/04 10:51 am - Collierville, TN
Hello everyone! I had my surgery on Dec 21 and was out of the hospital on the 23. Lucky me! I was wondering if anyone had some PROTEIN SHAKE RECIPES? I had some good ones made with fruit but the fruit did not agree with me. Thanks, Jeannie
Glenna V.
on 12/31/04 6:36 am - MO
Hi Jeannie, Congrats on your surgery. I hope you are doing well. I had a hard time with anything that tasted sweet at first, but I have gotten over that. I use the zero carb Isopure protein powder that I get at GNC. It is made by Nature's Best. I always get the Vanilla flavor so that I can add things to it and make a variety of flavors. The basic recipe I use is: 1 cup of crushed ice 3/4 cup of water 1 scoop of the Isopure (25 grams of protein) Blend in blender or with a hand blender. Then you can experiment with whatever flavors your imagination will take you to. I use a lot of the DaVinci sugar free syrups. They have a lot of different flavors, so you can go wild with that. Nestle's Quik sugar free Sometimes I substitute the water for prepared Crystal Lights. I always add a 1/2 banana to mine, but you may not be able to tolerate that. I also sweeten to taste with Splenda if nessecary. Also, a tablespoon of peanut butter with some cocoa powder is good. Hope this has helped...good luck. Glenna
Dec16-04
on 12/31/04 12:00 pm - Port Saint Lucie, FL
I am on a strict liquid diet-I am 2 weeks p/op. I make sugar free vanilla pudding- using 1 box pudding-2 c skim milk- 1 scoop of vanilla slim fast and 1 scoop of whey protein powder. I am allowed a 2 oz serving- 6 times a day. This makes about 9-10 servings. Refrigerate- it gets thick and is easy to digest. It tastes very good and has alot of protein. I tried it with chocolate pudding- but can't tolerate it yet. I also make a yogurt that is pretty good. Use 2 cups of prepared strawberry sugar free jello, a scoop of whey protein and start mixing in non fat plain yogurt in-until it tastes good.... I feel great- hope you do too! I have lost 19 lbs in 2 weeks! Carolyn
colette73
on 1/6/05 10:24 am - Portland, OR
This one sounds gross but tastes pretty good... 1 par****er 1 part OJ and 1 Part Cottage Cheese in the blender, make small parts as it really tastes good the first time.... GOOD LUCK!
Most Active