a list of things to stock for after my surgery

dt82689
on 1/29/05 10:57 am - Lockport, NY
HI If anyone has a list or suggestions of things i should have in the house for when i come home from the hospital it would be appreciated, MY surgery date is Feb. 14th. i just want to be prepared, Thanks
TV2Night
on 2/2/05 3:29 am - Hackettstown, NJ
Hi Dolores! I think it's a great idea to stock up before so you are prepared when you get home. I actually cleaned out a double cabinet in my kitchen and filled it with food, and small dessert plates and applesauce bowls that I would use for my food. This way I don't have to look at any food I can't have. I had my protein drink mix, (ones I had already tried so I knew I could at least stomach it!) Cream of wheat, cottage cheese, Sugar free pudding mixes, and jello mixes, beef and chicken brothes. I also had a variety of soups. I use SKIM PLUS MILK as it has 11 gm. protein in 8 ounce glass. Another good thing is Nestle sugar free choc. so you can make choc milk! I had also stocked canned chicken, turkey, and carrots, asparagus tips, and gren beans for my soft moist diet progression. Good luck with your surgery! Pat
Most Active