I drink water & feel nausea ...

Jerseygirl B.
on 6/4/05 1:02 pm - Northern, NJ
Everytime I drink water I feel nausea in my belly. I even try it ice cold. What is up with this? I am post-op 18 days.
erin o
on 6/5/05 3:32 am - MOORPARK, CA
I have this too and am almost 4 months out.I think it is because you are "drinking" and not sipping.That is usually what happens when I get sick erin
amitto1
on 6/5/05 5:08 am - Birmingham, MI
Hi Terrylyn, I am just 3 months post op but I remeber in the beginning I would feel nauseas after drinking water as well, someone told me to slow down on drinking, I did not think I was drinking too fast but I was use to drinking alot of water living in Arizona and I was told to take sips instead of gulps, it did help a bit. The good news is I dont have that problem today, your pouch is very tender in the beginning, just go easy and you should be fine....Good luck on your new journey, it is worth it....Anita
Linda V.
on 1/1/08 10:23 am - Baltimore, MD
I'm 3 years out.  I really had a hard time with nausea for the first 3+ months, especially with water.  I found I could only handle "Warm" water and some very light herbal teas -- especially in the A.M. Also -- this is a really weird tip, but it worked for me -- I sucked on  pickles (didn't eat them).
EllieW
on 1/1/08 2:15 pm - Canada
I have this problem as well, even with small sips. My surgeon says it's psychological but I don't believe it, as I've always been a water drinker, I drink very little else than water. But even before surgery I couldn't drink large amounts at once or it would make me nauseous, always just small sips. But now even the small sips make me nauseous. Thank goodness you posted, I thought I was nuts! LOL Hugs, Ellie

Including 31 pounds lost before surgery. 5'1" tall.

Most Active