Medifast Products???

wendyjca
on 7/8/05 4:25 pm - Escondido, CA
Hi, I have several different Medifast products that I had purchased proir to WLS (LAP RNY). Is it ok to use the products which contain between 2g & 16g of sugar??? Also, can watermelon be eaten? I know that it has a high (25g) natural sugar content. I am 17 days post op. Thanks for your help wj
Shepherd
on 10/5/05 7:14 am - Lomita, CA
HI WJ, I'm not real sure how things differ for a Lap Band person, so my info is coming from a RNY person. Sugar --- I'm told with a lap band, you don't dump. But, I don't know what your dr says about restricting sugar. For me and mine.... we are told to try and keep anything we eat/drink under 10 grams of sugar. Some people can tolerate more, some less. Same goes with Natural sugars. I have eaten watermelon since I was on solid foods at 6 weeks out. I never had a problem with fruit/melons. But, I now others who can't tolerate it at all. You really want to address these issues with your Dr/nutritionist and follow their protocol exactly for maximum results. Wishing you the best. Pam RNY 5/13/04 268/154 below goal & maintaining
[email protected].
com

on 10/10/05 10:06 am - Austin, TX
Hi WJ, I think it may be too soon to try any products with that much sugar content. It took about six months before I could even begin to tolerate sweet things. I still am not able to eat much fruit and I had my surgery on 11/23/2004. I had good results with low carb and low sugar protein shakes. I was even able to drink Ensure without any problems during the first six weeks. Good luck with everything. Georgia
Most Active