Protein Powders

Product Name     Product Type     Company Name
Search

Jay Robb's Whey Protein

Type of product:Protein Powders
Manufacturer name:Jay Robb Enterprises
Number of reviews:30
Reviews
Help us out!   Do YOU know anything about this product? If so, please log in to leave a review. The more you contribute, the better our community will benefit.

(NOTE: People's sense of taste often changes in the weeks right after bariatric surgery as they adjust to new dietary routines. This can influence the ratings on the “taste” scale below.)
Posted 05/11/14
Katie S.
“I don't know if this is more finely ground powder than other powders, but it mixes REALLY well. It also tastes really good. It has a really obvious protein taste the first 1 or 2 times, but after that, it isn't noticeable. This is my favorite. I've only tried the vanilla whey, but I plan on buying some additional flavors after pay day.”

Taste Excellent     Price Average
Nutritional Value Excellent     Overall Value Excellent
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost 24.99
Posted 01/30/13
Poppygail
“Mixes well with minimal effort and leaves little or no aftertaste. The Dreamcicle is not extremely different from the Vanilla.”

Taste Excellent     Price Good
Nutritional Value Excellent     Overall Value Good
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $18-25/12oz depending on source
Posted 11/06/11
Samelan
“The best tasting protein shake ever! no added sugaer tastes like a milk shake”

Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Average
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost
Posted 02/17/11
Just Ducky
“What good is ANY protein supplement if you don't use it? I bought the Pina Colada flavor and LOVE it! It has over 25 grams of protein and is one of the few protein supplements that DON'T froth into a mess when mixed up into a smoothie! The taste is phenomenal and is one of the few protein products I fully recommend. ”

Taste Excellent     Price Excellent
Posted 12/16/10
Kara Mortimer
“Per packet ”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $2.95
Posted 11/27/10
fatnomore1967
“tasted several other brands this is the best tasting protein i have found.”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $21 for 12 oz jar
Posted 07/19/10
Brown_Eyed_Girl2010
“A bit on the fake sweet side but bearable.”

Taste Average     Price Average
Nutritional Value Average     Overall Value Average
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost
Posted 10/15/09
Jeanette Hagar
“The flavor is pretty good and it packs in a lot of protein. I have mixed it with both milk and water and let me tell you, you don't want to mix it with water!”

Taste Good     Price Average
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost about $23.00 for 10 servings
Posted 07/19/09
grigri
“I have been testing and testing products and have not found a product that I thought I could stick with for a long time until I tested the Jay Robb line of protein powders. I got various samples at my local HEB grocery store (another reason I like it) and mixed with vanilla soy milk and have absolutely loved every flavor. I'm going back to buy the tubs. I liked Spiru-Tein, however did not like the carb count, Jay Robb on average has 2-4g of carb in each shake which is more do-able. ”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost 1.99/sample
Posted 06/01/09
Cecilia R.
“I love the Chocolate and the Dreamsicle. I've had the strawberry and I don't care for it and the Pina-Colada is ok. I haven't had the vanilla. This protien shake tastes great with just milk or with fat free peanut butter, or banana! Just stick in the blender for a few seconds and you've got a thick shake. For me that's important. I have never been one to eat breakfast, so the protein drink is a good substitute. With 25g of protein just in one scoop, add 8g of protein from the 1% milk, and you've got half your protein requirement for the day.”

Taste Good     Price Good
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $24.00
Posted 06/01/09
barb627
“this product mixes well in skim milk, water,yogurt and puddings.”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost 2.99 for sample packages
Posted 11/12/08
kadeeagogo
“This is the most DELICIOUS protein i have EVER tried. I add a few slices of frozen strawberries and mix with water and it tastes out of this world. It's light and smooth without that nasty grainy whey flavor. The strawberry is my favorte with the chocolate [surprizingly] being my least favrote. Its a bit expensive, but i feel like the nutritional value and the flavor make up for the expense. ”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost ALot
Posted 11/07/08
Pcsayes
“I recommend the Pina Colada. I use 1/3 to 1/2 cup of orange juice with same amount of water to one scoop. Blend in blender with ice. ”

Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost $20.00 for large container
Posted 11/07/08
flammingtoes
“ I like these because he also carries an unflavored one which you can mix with everything, plus they come in indvidual packets so you can taste test them all before you commit to one. And it contians 25 grams of protein!!!! ”

Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost 23.75
Posted 10/21/08
quilt64
“Its ok its just sweet and kinda bland tasting . I will buy it again”

Taste Average     Price Good
Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Average
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost 1.99 for a sample pack
Posted 10/19/08
Nicole2777
“I like all the flavors with milk, but best is choc., strawberry, and vanilla.”

Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Good
Posted 07/23/08
Vampi
“My doctor recommends this because it is 100% whey isolate (NOT FROM CONCENTRATE). I love the vanilla with a glass of cold milk in the morning (adding even more protein, so in one 8 oz. glass I get 33 grams of protein)! I am glad that I found this early on in the process. I think it's YuMmY! ”

Posted 07/19/08
glemlm
“I bought a sample size first for 2.59 and was delighted with the taste. Mixed with FF milk it did not have a gritty taste or that terrible protein taste. Highly recommended and I plan to stick with it for surgery. (Vanilla) ”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost 22.95
Posted 03/06/08
SailingSue
“This whey product had 25 grams of protein per serving but I couldn't get past the smell. I returned it. I much prefer the 'Designer Whey' products.”

Taste Very Poor     Price Average
Suitability for Postops Average     Cost 14.95
Posted 09/08/07
Willphil
“This has become my go to protein shake product after trying many different things in my nearly two year journey toward weight loss and better health. The Jay Robb Product is exceptional in that it also has a substantial amino acid complex which is beneficial for us who lift weights as part of our exercise regimine. Having tried both the egg white protein product and the whey protein product, i have to say that I prefer the whey though both are some of the ebst tasting protein products that I have tasted on the market today.”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $29.99 for a 2 LB JAR
Posted 02/27/07
Amanda S.
“I purchased a single sample packet of the chocolate flavor - mixed it with Light Vanilla Soy Milk - It was very tasty. ”

Taste Excellent     Price N/A
Nutritional Value N/A     Overall Value N/A
Posted 01/07/07
domino
“The chocolate is delicious! Mix with fat-free milk, Carnation Instant Breakfast and you've got 42 g of protein. Mix Starbuck's Frappucino Mocha Lite (100 calories) with a scoop of Jay Robb for delicious coffee drink. ”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $24.99
Posted 11/04/06
Robin W.
Suitability for Postops Good     Cost 19.98
Posted 07/02/06
MollyRuth
“This is the BEST and in my mind ONLY protein powder worth buying. It is so thin and light...I just blend it quickly with milk and drink it just like chocolate milk. It tastes GREAT...not like protein at all. In each scoop, there is only 113 calories and 24 grams of protein! This stuff rocks...seriously. Go buy it.”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $18/lb
Posted 05/12/06
LisaMarie
“It is the best protein i have tried . It mixes very well in my coffee. No gritty taste. Smooth and enjoyable. I use the chocolate every day in my coffee. I also have the non flavored and it too mixes well.”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $30 for 2 pounds
Posted 12/26/05
cheryl m
“I picked up a few "sample" names and flavors. So far Jay Robb has the best test and consistancy. Not too thick like the other ones I've tried and has alot more protein in each with only 6 oz of water or milk. So far this is the winner.”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $1.79 pdr package sample
Posted 08/28/05
Iisashes
“It's the best I've been able to find so far, I do reccomend trying it.”

Suitability for Postops Good     Cost $19.99
Posted 05/12/04
Eileen C.
“Excellent product and easy to add to foods to increase the calorie/protein count”

Taste N/A     Price Excellent
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $30.00 for 2 big tubs
Posted 11/25/03
Greer K.
“What i loved about this drink is how light and smooth it was. It didnt taste like a protein drink. It tasted like chocolate soymilk, even though its whey. And check out the ingredients. Only 6 things and I know what they all are. ”

Suitability for Postops Good     Cost cant remember but it was affordable
Posted 01/08/03
NanciY
“WOW! I have tried a few protein drinks lately and they were all nasty. This tastes just like Nestle Quick in 1% milk! It has 24g of protein per oz, mixes very easily with a spoon, 113 calories, 4 fat cal, 62mg of sodium, 3.5g carbohydrate, no fiber or added sugar. It uses STEVIA sweetener, not aspartame or any other artificial sweeteners. Also available in Soy or Egg protein. Really great! I think I've found a keeper!”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost 1.09 per 1 oz pkg, @ $18 per 1 lb cannister