Recent Posts

JVE
on 5/3/15 3:54 am
RNY on 05/11/15
Topic: RE: Pure Protein Vs. Premier Protein--Taste?

I like the Premier shakes, my nutritionist likes them as well so thats a bonus, in my opinion.

momjan
on 5/2/15 3:30 am - Canada
Topic: RE: My diet

Amazing how different everyone is!  At 8 months out I still was only eating about 1/2 per meal.  Even now I don't eat bread, etc as too many carbs.  A loaf of low cal bread can last me 6 weeks easily!  Breakfast this morning was one egg, 1 oz light cheddar cheese and about 1.5 oz of italian sausage and onions.

As a male, you can usually burn more calories than a woman (look at people on WW; they women always complain that the men loose greater amounts eating the same foods; they burn them!)

Eating high protein, low bad carbs can be easily achieved (for OP), by staying away from a lot of potatoes, rice, pasta, etc. and substituting healthy carbs.  Using black bean pasta, instead of white flour pasta is a good substitute; so is using spaghetti squash and matchstick zucchini.  Remember the taste on substitutions may not be exactly the same, but if you keep that in mind and that you are eating things actually good for you, you will enjoy them!  I also use zucchini strips in place of lasagna noodles.  Red lentils and chicken bouillon with a bit of butter satisfies my carby days....there are lots of things to try!!

I rarely do crackers, etc. because if I keep them in the house, they call my name........! 

As I said before, you are doing fantastically!

kimla
on 5/1/15 9:19 am

I also really like the Premier Protein shakes a lot!

2forsue
on 5/1/15 7:47 am
Topic: Anyone else take Lysine?

I have a cold sore right now (massive!), and I read that L-Lysine is great for helping to keep them away and to help heal them. I also read that Lysine increases the absorbency of calcium. Post-surgery, I'm taking a lot of calcium. It says to avoid taking large amounts of calcium and Lysine at the same time. But, this is for a regular person...I don't absorb the same way anymore. Do any of you take Lysine? 

Suzie 

TaterBug1971
on 5/1/15 5:52 am - LiL Southern Town, NC
Topic: what ratio ???

I am coming up on 6 years out and am curious what everyone calorie , carb, fat, ProteIn ratio are you eating.

A while back my dietitian Put me at

Cal..1000

carbs... 100-115g.

Protein 60-65g.

30% fat from calories. (30g.fat)

I'm weighing in at 149an am 5ft tall.

Trying to drop 10-15lbs.

Help...give me some insight please!

IslandWater84
on 4/30/15 11:42 pm
Topic: RE: Procare Health 1 a day bariatric vitamins.

I just wanted to chime in real quick- I have been taking ProCare's bariatric vitamin since I had my surgery in 2013.  My doctor and nutritionist help develop it with Procare. He recommends it to all his patients. My bloodwork has always been on point and I have told lots of people about the vitamin because it is so easy to take and cheap!  They all continue to have great bloodwork as well.     Thats just my 2 cents worth--  The thinner times form I am on has someone who is worried about the absorbtion to and she just takes half in the morning and half in the afternoon.  You cant beat their price- I am very happy with it.  You might give it a shot and save some money-  

sRe
on 4/30/15 11:12 pm
with
Topic: RE: Chewable Multivitamin

I use (and my doctor recommended) Centrum Chewable Multivitamins.

Laura O.
on 4/30/15 4:34 pm - Bruceville, TX
Topic: Protein Shake ??.?.

I am scheduled for a sleeve on May 19. I have lost fifty pounds since the beginning of the year with diet and exercise.

Each morning I make myself a shake consisting of Dark Chocolate Almond Milk, frozen peaches and a half a banana. I know that the banana and fruit will be out but will I still be able to,use the Dark Chocolate Almond Milk with ice cubes and protein powder?

Laura 

HW 330    SW 278    CW 270   GW 140

Linda L.
on 4/29/15 11:29 pm
RNY on 02/17/15

I have not tried the pure protein shakes. However I LOVE the Premier Protein shakes they are delicious and convenient 

chulbert
on 4/29/15 10:57 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13
Topic: RE: Need Tasty Protein Bar Suggestion Please!

I always advocate real, whole food over supplements like powders and bars.  I think you will be better served in the long run recommitting to a proper diet and lifestyle rather "dieting" on products.

That said, of all the bars out there I think Quest bars are head-and-shoulders the best.

Most Active