Recent Topics

Other Nutritional Products

Product Name     Product Type     Company Name
Search

Juice Plus

Type of product:Other Nutritional Products
Number of reviews:24
Reviews
Help us out!   Do YOU know anything about this product? If so, please log in to leave a review. The more you contribute, the better our community will benefit.

(NOTE: People's sense of taste often changes in the weeks right after bariatric surgery as they adjust to new dietary routines. This can influence the ratings on the “taste” scale below.)
Posted 12/01/12
rattyricky
“Don't know it's value post-op but I have been taking juiceplus capsules for 15 yrs.I have only had the flu twice in all those years with no flu shots.10 years ago we put our son on chewable juice plus.He was always coming home with every cold or flu the children were passing around at school.Within a year he wasn't getting sick nearly as often maybe once or twice a year and getting over even a bad flu in 2-3 days. This is a fantastic supplement,it does take 4 to 5 months to build up in your system you have to give it time but it definitely improves your health.By the way the friend that talked me into trying juiceplus was taking multiple medications for hypertension and high cholesterol nothing was working for him.After taking juiceplus for 6 months his cholesterol and bloodpressure dropped significantly.It s the only thing that has helped him.I love this stuff! ”

Taste Good     Price Excellent
Nutritional Value Excellent     Overall Value Excellent
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost 40
Posted 10/03/12
Nutri Nut
“Lab results before and after JuicePlus reflect great health improvement. Juice Plus is heavily and highly recommended by several leading physicians.”

Taste Excellent     Price Good
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $41
Posted 07/20/11
derian70
Taste Excellent     Price Average
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost
Posted 04/20/11
Charlene R.
“Did not work only constipated me”

Taste Excellent     Price Poor
Nutritional Value Poor     Overall Value Very Poor
Suitability for Postops Very Poor     Cost $50 month
Posted 04/05/11
rosalyn_msw
“Phytonutrients from 17 fruits, vegetables and whole grains with the sugar and water removed. It is the only whole food product with published research studies showing it reduces inflammation, repairs DNA, reduces free radicals, improves periodontal and skin health, protects the heart against high fat meals,is bioavailable and absorbable which most multi-vitamins are not.”

Taste Excellent     Price Excellent
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $1.39 a day or $41.75 a mo
Posted 04/17/10
farrah73
“29.95 is not very bad”

Taste Excellent     Price Very Poor
Nutritional Value Poor     Overall Value Excellent
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $29.95
Posted 01/28/09
James_Doe
“My sister's husband was on it to help boost his immune system pre-op. He stopped taking it because he said it didn't do much and it is expensive. My co-worker loves it and has tried to get me on it a few times, but that's just not my thing. There are two very conflicting sides to this product. People that love taking fruits and veggies on a pill and people who say it dont do nothing. I say, stick to the real thing and save yourself the monies. A'ight?”

Taste Average     Price Average
Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Average
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost
Posted 01/21/09
carlac0506
“As I read comments on this product, I can't help but wonder if some of this "excellent" reviews have even been researched. I read that someone says Juice Plus gives you 17 "fresh" fruits and vegetables...well..I did not know that could be done...company states the components are dry. I tried the product myself. Sadly, I should have done research instead of trusting my friend who happens to sell the product. When I inquired about the number of servings of fruits and veggies JP provides, the company could not and did not give me a straight answer. They said they did not promote it like that so people would not rely on the product for their entire source of nutrition. More than that, I believe it is their fear of legal action, if they even attempted to do that. If they are unable to give you "servings" simply look at the back of the label...which by the way, you cannot find online. The product contains "0.1 g of dietary fiber", "2 g of sugars" and "0 PROTEIN". This is good for you? Well, how about this, only 60% of Vitamin A, and 220% of Vitamin C. Worth $44+ a month? I don't think so. It contains, 0 Iron, and only 40% of Vitamin E. It may be helpful for those of you who think this is actually as good as the real thing, to do a bit of research. You will be surprised that most of the company research is NOT done independently. Most important is the fact that the FDA has "inconclusive" research. If Juice Plus was such a great product, this would not be the case. It is better to just get vitamins at your local store.”

Taste N/A     Price Poor
Nutritional Value Average     Overall Value Very Poor
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost 180.00
Posted 08/21/08
Nutrition-Advocate
“I have several bariatric surgery patients taking Juice Plus+ and getting phenomenal results. Start taking the Juice Plus+ capsules 4 months BEFORE surgery to improve surgical outcomes and after surgery to maintain optimal health. The JP Complete powder meal replacement tastes great too and is the best product of its kind on the market with regards to density of nutrition. Try it in chocolate or vanilla. For more info visit www.SeeJP.com . ”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost less than $1.50 per day
Posted 12/06/06
mmackey
“I started Juice Plus pre-op just over 1 month ago to boost my immune system, metabolism and promote healing after surgery. I love it and already have felt & see a noticable difference in my body, skin, hair & nails. My nails aren't brittle anymore, my hair is shiny, my skin looks better and I wake up feeling good. My bowels are regular and I haven't had a morning headache for 3 weeks now. I also caught a head cold a week ago and it only lasted 3 days instead of the normal 2 weeks I usually suffer. ”

Taste N/A     Price Good
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $42 a month
Posted 10/16/06
mherman
“This is an excellent product. As bariatric patients we do not get the adaquate nutrients that we need and this provides it for us. Anyone who has had bariatric surgery should get ths product.”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost 34.95 per month
Posted 09/05/06
mmcphee1
“My lab work has been great and these are the main vitamins that I take (besides iron & calcium). I also feel extra energy when I take them daily.”

Taste N/A     Price Good
Nutritional Value Excellent     Overall Value Good
Posted 08/29/06
jewell4664
“good stuff”

Taste N/A     Price Good
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost $42 / month
Posted 08/07/05
bobbisheahan
“I use these supplements and the shake powder. I love them so much, I've become a distributor. As a post-op WLS'er, I don't know any other way to get the 5-9 servings of fresh, raw fruits and veg's we're all supposed to have, much less the 17 daily servings I'm getting with Juice Plus! My whole family is on it and the kids think their gummies are candy!”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost a little over a dollar a day
Posted 07/29/05
Linda L.
“www.BetterRoadToHealth.com for more information”

Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost $1.66 per serving
Posted 06/06/05
perry
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $70. for 2 mths supply
Posted 05/30/05
AuburnSB
“Mixed with milk or yogurt or diluted OJ--this product tastes great and has good nutritional value.”

Taste Good     Price Good
Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Good
Suitability for Postops Good     Cost $50/can of powder
Posted 03/11/05
Derrick P.
“I bought some to take pre-op from a local Herbal Store. The stuff is pricey, but I have to say that I feel better since beginning the regimen. I know some folks that had the surgery and were plagued by nutritional issues for years afterward. So, I'm willing to pay a little extra for something that seems to be better than just a one a day vitamin. I'm going to try the chewable after surgery just because I don't really want to mess with opening the gelcaps and trying to get them to mix in water or broth.”

Taste N/A     Price Good
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost 40
Posted 01/21/05
Barb McGraw
“Juice Plus is in capsule form - it is the best source of antioxidants - pure vegable, fruits, and berries”

Taste Very Poor     Price Excellent
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $40.00 amonth
Posted 10/18/04
TrishaK
“I use the chewable vitamins and they actually taste really good, but they are very expensive. They are a great nutritional support if you can afford the price.”

Taste Excellent     Price Poor
Suitability for Postops Good     Cost $100.00 for a months' supply
Posted 08/14/04
Dawn Taylor
“I have done really good on juice plus ”

Posted 06/22/04
ijennings
Taste Average     Price Average
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost 40 per month
Posted 06/13/04
BRENDA M.
“Juice Plus is a ALL NATURAL supplement to vitamins. It has all 9 required daily servings of your Fruits and Vegetables. It contains 17 raw fruits and vegetables in just 2 tablets. They give you energy, help with weight loss, preventive measure to cancer, dna loss, heart disease and on and on. An awesome product that is about $1 a day. You can get all 9 servings of fruits and vegetables for $10 a day, not to mention all of it's natural nutrition. Questions about this well-known product and how to purchase, email me at brenda@mcnaughten.com.”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost 39.95 monthly
Posted 03/18/04
zachery1
“We are suppose to get at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily with WLS you can take juice plus. It makes you feel wonderful. 100% guaranteed. Email me for more information.”

Taste N/A     Price Excellent
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $40.00 per month