Protein Powders

Product Name     Product Type     Company Name
Search

Trader Joe's Whey Protein

Type of product:Protein Powders
Manufacturer name:Trader Joe
Number of reviews:13
Reviews
Help us out!   Do YOU know anything about this product? If so, please log in to leave a review. The more you contribute, the better our community will benefit.

(NOTE: People's sense of taste often changes in the weeks right after bariatric surgery as they adjust to new dietary routines. This can influence the ratings on the “taste” scale below.)
Posted 07/16/14
MindyMac51
“I mix Vanilla protein powder with unsweetened vanilla-coconut almond milk, FitnLite Toasted Coconut Vanilla Greek yogurt and crushed ice. YUM! ”

Taste Excellent     Price Excellent
Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Excellent
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost Uncertain
Posted 08/05/07
onechunkymonkey
“I loved the Vanilla Flavored. This can be blended into anything. Great as a morning smoothie / Milkshake. Fantastic at giving you energy first thing in the morning if consumed for Breakfast! 5 Stars! A+”

Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Good
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost $9.00 - $12.00
Posted 04/22/07
auntiefia
Taste Good     Price Excellent
Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Good
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost
Posted 03/09/07
lisasdream
Taste Good     Price Good
Nutritional Value Excellent     Overall Value Good
Suitability for Postops Good     Cost
Posted 10/07/06
BillB
“The vanilla whey protein powder from Trader Joe's is excellent. The taste is phenominal without the after taste. The fact that it comes from Trader's makes it appealing because they always carry high quality products there.”

Taste Excellent     Price Good
Nutritional Value Excellent     Overall Value Excellent
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $8.79
Posted 03/20/04
Carol S.
“I like that this protien powder isn't overly sweet. I'm using the chocolate flavor. Immediately post-op I found my taste for sweets was highly sensitive, so I couldn't drink the premade drinks. This was a welcome find. ”

Taste Good     Price Good
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $7.50
Posted 01/10/04
hopeforallofus
“I can't believe how good this tastes!! Just like I'm drinking chocolate milk. I like it made in the shaker rather than a blender (can't stand the blender foam on my protein drinks) and have 3 drinks a day. Plus...it's half the price of most other protein powders out there. :-)”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $7.45 for 18.3 oz
Posted 11/25/03
Greer K.
“It mixed up well but there was something about the taste I just did not like. It wasnt bad and is worth a try because taste is individual but Im probably only going to keep it as a backup for emergencies. ”

Taste Average     Price Good
Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Average
Suitability for Postops Average     Cost
Posted 11/16/03
Ann B.
“This stuff is a great way to get your protein. Mixed with a glass of skim milk, you can pack in almost 37 g of protein. It tastes like Carnation Instant Breakfast. I really enjoy this one. ”

Taste Good     Price Excellent
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $10 for 1 lbs.
Posted 09/20/03
sunkissed kid
“After trying so many brands, and spending so much money, I finally found something I like! I buy vanilla and chocolate, use one scoop of each with a tablespoon of decaf instant coffee crystals and 6 oz of water. It blends great without a blender and is not thick! I drink two of these a day and enjoy them!”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $8.99
Posted 04/16/02
Doug T.
“This is the ONLY protein supplement that I've liked (and enjoyed) drinking as of yet. The Vanilla mixed with OJ is Great!!”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $7.00
Posted 03/29/02
jenn2002
“The chocolate is very good compared to all the other powders I have tried--it mixes a lot smoother also! It is not lumpy or chalky tasting!”

Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost $8.99 for a can
Posted 03/10/02
BettyBoopVA
“The Vanilla Flavored Whey Protein from Trader Joe's is very good prepared with skim milk and ice cubes. Tastes like a vanilla milkshake and with 2 scoops of the powder and 8 oz. of milk provides approximately 40 grams of protein.”

Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $6.99/Can