Protein Powders

Product Name     Product Type     Company Name
Search

Trader Joe's Soy Protein Powder

Type of product:Protein Powders
Manufacturer name:Trader Joe's
Number of reviews:11
Reviews
Help us out!   Do YOU know anything about this product? If so, please log in to leave a review. The more you contribute, the better our community will benefit.

(NOTE: People's sense of taste often changes in the weeks right after bariatric surgery as they adjust to new dietary routines. This can influence the ratings on the “taste” scale below.)
Posted 09/01/06
just jacie
“I did not like this at all. I've only tried this mixed in with lemonade. It might be better in with food. It does not mix well with liquids. ”

Taste Poor     Price Good
Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Average
Suitability for Postops Poor     Cost 9.99
Posted 12/03/05
gioia
“This stuff tasted the same as I imagine wet paper tastes.”

Taste Very Poor     Price Good
Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Good
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost
Posted 01/07/04
Roland B.
“Ugh. This stuff tastes like glue. I cut it with ovaltine and it was still bad. I usually use EAS Simply Soy, but I ran out and my fave online store stopped carrying it. I bought this for the value but I won't be buying it again. Comparitavely It is about the same price as the EAS, but just in a s maller container. And a horrible taste. I love Trader Joes, but this product is bad.”

Taste Very Poor     Price Good
Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Poor
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost 10.00us
Posted 06/04/03
Elizabeth E.
“I wanted a protein powder with no sugar or sweetner and little to no taste. This is definately a great powder. It was recomended by a vegetarian chef. I mix it with Carnation Instant breakfast. I'm pre-op so I don't know if I can continue to drink carnation because it does have sugar in it. I've also added this powder to my homemade smoothies and you can't even taste it. The only down side is that you have to buy it at a Trader Joe's. They don't have mail order, so I stock up when I visit Portland.”

Taste N/A     Price Excellent
Nutritional Value Excellent     Overall Value Excellent
Suitability for Postops N/A     Cost cheap
Posted 04/24/03
Rob G.
“This was an affordable solution but it leaves a nasty aftertaste for me. I don't do well with this product but others might and the price is right.”

Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Good
Suitability for Postops Good     Cost 9.99
Posted 01/21/03
Patricia D. Johnson
“The only time that I drink this is when I'm sick or have a very busy day.”

Taste Good     Price Excellent
Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Excellent
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost 9.99
Posted 01/18/03
Pam B.
“THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST STUFF....I HAVE TRIED BOTH CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA, HOWEVER ALTHOUGH I AM A CHOC FREAK, THE VANILLA IS BETTER I THINK.....UNBELIEVABLE FOR A PROTEIN POWDER.....GREAT, GOOD, YUMMMMMMMY!!!!”

Taste Excellent     Price Excellent
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $7.99/can
Posted 10/02/02
msgracee
“I was only able to take this protein powder by mixing it in V8 juice. I will not be buying it again.”

Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Average
Suitability for Postops Average     Cost 9.99 for 2 #
Posted 04/08/02
Rose E.
“I like this product because of its nutritional value and the price can't be beat but it doesn't taste very good. I haven't tried to mix it with anything so I don't know if the flavor could be improved. The flavor is tolerable but definitely could be improved. I still have some and I know I need to drink it more so maybe if it tasted better I wouldn't hesitate.”

Taste Poor     Price Excellent
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $9.99 (sale)
Posted 04/06/02
Sue L.
“I am no lover of soy. It leaves an after taste in my mouth. I took it back, (one unopened) and they were kind enough to refund my bucks.”

Taste Poor     Price Average
Nutritional Value Good     Overall Value Poor
Suitability for Postops Average     Cost 14.99
Posted 03/18/02
Lorie B.
“This is so far the best protein powder I have tried. There is no flavoring or sweetner so it's up to you to add whatever you like. I usually add 1/2 of a banana and a packet of sugar-free hot chocolate. Sometimes I use frozen fruit and yogurt. And you cannot beat this price! I've seen 1 lb. cans of other protein powders for twice the price of this one! ”

Taste Good     Price Excellent
Suitability for Postops Excellent     Cost $9.99 for a 2 lb. tub!