Supreme Court McCutcheon Decision

Cunning_Pam
on 4/5/14 12:49 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Citizens United was bad. This is worse. I can find very few people who think this is a good thing (Well, Forbes does, what a surprise.) Both the left and the right seem to be disgusted about the decision, and how often does that happen?

Looks like democracy really is for sale.

PS - OMG, look, a political topic! I'd ask that people respect views that they may not agree with here. Remember that this forum is moderated, 'k?

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

mkvand
on 4/5/14 9:32 am
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Yeah, it's ridiculous.  I'm one of the most informed people I know, I write to my congresswoman, senators, and the president on a regular basis, but because I'm not rich they don't give a darn.  Now the rich people can give even more to influence politics.  Argh.

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

Susan M.
on 4/5/14 10:53 am

./shudder  

I can't even start in on this topic.  Every time I think about it I get so angry my brain switches off.

christinamudd
on 4/7/14 9:40 am

People were already doing it, now they just don't have to sneak around.   I think contributions should be abolished completely.  Instead, there should be a general fund for all candidates.  Gifts & Presents to elected governmental officials is the downfall of politics.  

HW: 407  CW: 359 - RNY 02/18/15

Susan M.
on 4/9/14 4:01 am
On April 7, 2014 at 4:40 PM Pacific Time, christinamudd wrote:

People were already doing it, now they just don't have to sneak around.   I think contributions should be abolished completely.  Instead, there should be a general fund for all candidates.  Gifts & Presents to elected governmental officials is the downfall of politics.  

Yes, this is exactly what should happen.  Why haven't they done it yet?

Cunning_Pam
on 4/9/14 5:04 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Because those who do give massive amounts of cash lobby their pets to make sure it will never happen. Sad, really.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1046 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1103 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 893 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 763 views