Free Speech

Cunning_Pam
on 4/18/14 12:25 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Free Speech

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Susan M.
on 4/18/14 1:56 am

Xkcd?

AnneGG
on 4/18/14 4:30 am

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Cunning_Pam
on 4/18/14 7:57 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Of course! Loves me some Randall!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Nic M
on 4/18/14 3:28 am

If you want to see some real idiots practicing free speech, visit a page on facebook called American White History Month 2.   It is filled with bigotry, racial intolerance, hatred... just people spewing ignorance like their lives depend on it.  

I report posts to facebook daily. Facebook more often than not chooses to do nothing. I keep reporting them, anyway. I reported one poster who wrote something about skinning a Somalian person to prove that they're not human. Facebook claimed it didn't violate their community standards.

These people are most definitely NOT having their right to free speech stifled, no matter what they want to claim. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Cunning_Pam
on 4/18/14 8:01 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Nic, I would just end up putting my fist through my monitor. No amount of Jay Smooth videos could possibly soothe me enough after that!

Nic M
on 4/18/14 9:30 am

It disgusts and saddens me more than I can say. I guess I had convinced myself that our society had moved forward. But it really hasn't. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

AnneGG
on 4/18/14 4:31 am

Like this one very much and agree very much!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Cunning_Pam
on 4/18/14 8:00 am
RNY on 12/18/13

It's a huge topic of conversation among many online atheists, and has been for a couple of years now (Elevatorgate, anyone?) I follow many blogs that ensure safe spaces in their comments section, and it's always amazing to see people howling when their comments are banned and/or they're blocked because they're being jerks. It's something you can see on so many sites - atheism, humanism, social justice, feminism, anti-misogyny...the list just goes on. And it's always surprising to me, even though it shouldn't be, that people still don't understand the whole free speech thing as it relates to private enterprises.

AnneGG
on 4/18/14 8:27 am

Curiosity, and obviously feel free to speak your piece and decline, what's your position?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1046 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1103 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 893 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 763 views