post-op's, do you find yourself trying different types of paintings now ?

cinnamongirl
on 8/21/04 10:01 am - Easton, PA
Something happened to me as a post-op that I wasn't even aware of until my younger daughter who is an artist in training ( she's 15) said to me "mom why are you drawing and painting all those nude women ?" It was then that I realized she was not only right but the women were thinner and looked like me now (thinner)! Now as a pre-op I would've never drawn or painted a nude woman because that would've been something that I could've never measured up to or been able to even relate to. Now though I know where the ribs should be showing , how to draw legs and arms with no problem. It's almost like when one art teacher observing my work said to me "no matter what you paint or draw you will always include some part of you into the picture." She was right and these women are me and I'm alright with the nudes I'm painting (minus the extra skin though Keep drawing and painting friends ! One day it would be great to share a piece of our work with each other just to see our different styles. Brenda
Most Active