Leftovers make me sick

ROSIESMILE
on 3/29/10 4:57 am

Does this happen to you?  Where 1 day leftovers don't go down well?
I guess the density changes and I don't chew it well enough. 
Man oh man, what a way to start the week...

Karen M.
on 3/29/10 4:58 am - Mississauga, Canada
Used to happen to me all the time, yes.  I think it's that the food gets a little dried out after being in the fridge.  Thankfully, it doesn't happen anymore! I live off of left-overs. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

ROSIESMILE
on 3/29/10 5:05 am
No kidding. I have leftovers in my fridge all the time.  The common denominator seems to be chicken.
Kara R.
on 3/29/10 5:09 am - Sarnia, Canada
Chicken barely likes me first time around, let alone via leftovers (one of those things that was great before surgery but not after) ... I still have issues with certain leftovers - totally depends on what it is, though.

I am not here.  I am lost.  I have gone to find myself.  If I should get back before I return, please ask me to wait!   

Soon2BRunning
on 3/29/10 5:36 am - Toronto, Canada
YES YES YES

whatever you do, it is made worse by microwaving.. this i found out the hard way with beef stew, a more difficult thing to digest

i have thrown up on more than one occasion before someone posted about microwaving meat
and how it changes the texture, hence making it harder to eat

good luck
Kathy

ROSIESMILE
on 3/29/10 5:39 am
On March 29, 2010 at 12:36 PM Pacific Time, Soon2BRunning wrote:
YES YES YES

whatever you do, it is made worse by microwaving.. this i found out the hard way with beef stew, a more difficult thing to digest

i have thrown up on more than one occasion before someone posted about microwaving meat
and how it changes the texture, hence making it harder to eat

good luck
I read that too about the microwave.  These were cold leftovers.  I liked them before surgery so it wasn't a huge adjustment.  But 2 episodes in as many days = yuckie :(
Must chew, chew chew....
niina m.
on 3/29/10 10:12 am - kingston, Canada
 I totally agree, i dont do leftovers well, and honestly even before surgery i didnt do leftovers. UNLESS is jamaican curry then its even better the next day!!! LOL
In the beginning there was the word. The word was Jah. The word is in I, Jah is in I. I make what is good, better, and what is better, best. I follow this in every aspect of life.
sci-fi.girl
on 3/29/10 10:48 am - Canada
I avoid them like the plague now!! lol...if I have any leftover chicken I make sure it has lots of liquid and reheat in the oven...takes about 20minutes ...

HW 251 SW 240 CW 142 GW 143

Patti K.
on 3/29/10 1:20 pm - Kingston On, Canada
Rosie, yes, as a fresh pre-op, fish was my killer in the microwave!!  Haven't tried it since.  I find I'm OK with chili heated, but most other meats, its either re-heated in some gravy on the stove, or I eat it cold....Patti K.
Most Active
Recent Topics