Does OHIP covers tummy tuck in Ontario?

mountainmike
on 4/15/10 6:53 am - Mountain, Canada
MDs do referrals and related paperwork!

Mike
For last year's words belong to last year's language.
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
T.S. Eliot  
mountainmike
on 4/15/10 6:57 am - Mountain, Canada
B****ypically U will have to pay a private fee for the first consult with a plastic surgeon.  Mine was $100 for example.  I think if U proceed with self-pay elective plastics some of them will deduct that from your surgical fee.  I think my insurance (thru work) covered it for me.

Mike

For last year's words belong to last year's language.
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
T.S. Eliot  
cushiebunny
on 4/15/10 1:27 pm - Canada
I truly don't believe anything is written in stone.

I myself have a large incisional hernia that had already been repaired once.  At that time they place a piece of mesh 10X11 into my tummy.  It all occured from a c-section where they sliced me up and down instead of side to side.  My muscles were cut and have never mended properly.  I live in pretty constant pain from this and walk around with some of my insides hanging out of the normal encased area.  Trust me, when a three year old kicks it dead on you just buckle over.  Walking is painful, being constipated is painful, having the runs is painful, heck even ******s are painful.  The list goes on and on.
I return to my original surgeon, who did the last hernia repair and did my c-section, on May 11th.  I'm hanging on to the hope that the big, 'NO tummy tucks allowed' sign has some loopholes for those with enough issues. 

pa-cline
on 4/15/10 10:56 pm - Canada
Hi everyone

Thanks for all the comments...I totally understand about the underarm thing...but my friend reminded me - "you said if you lose ??? pounds and your arms waves back and slaps you in the face, you would take it if it meant your health has improved..and you'd take that anyday"
hahahah she was right.

Although the arms (and even my apron) are bothering me, I will take these in comparison to being over 300 pounds, taking two insulin shots/day, high blood pressure pills everyday, being so very tired, not to mention the pain as a result of being overweight....and now, although flapping in the wind, on no medications whatsoever!!! and feeling so much better.

I am still hoping that they will be able to fix the apron (along with my hernia)

thanks for your replies!!!  Have a super day in your "new" lives"!!!
PC
Most Active
Recent Topics