Optifast Headaches

John A.
on 4/14/10 10:45 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Thanks Jan,  I googled Optifast and read up about it.. Headaches are a common side effect but usually caused by not enough water.. They suggest I drink an EXTRA litre per day.. So I've just gulped down 2 Chrystal Lite Iced Tea drinks and it seems to be helping.  I think that might be the solution for me
Karlalala
on 4/15/10 12:59 am - London, Canada
Headaches are yucky....hope you feel better soon!

I know you said in an earlier post that you weren't really a Crystal Lite person....I am not either...they always taste so chemically to me!  The ones that are the best though are definitely the iced tea ones! 

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

Cheryl D.
on 4/15/10 2:15 am - Toronto, Canada
I think the carb withdrawal also contributes to the headaches.  While on Optifast you're getting so little carbs it breaks the addiction after a few days. I took Tylenol and was fine with that, also drinking lots of water does help.  The best part is, when it's all done, your addiction to sugar, carbs and caffine is  a thing of the past.  I have since started drinking coffee and tea again but only one cup a day.  I do not eat sugar at all,  I do have some complex carbs from veggies and fruit but totally avoid simple carbs.  This time on Optifast allows you to get those addictions under control which will serve you well in the years to come.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

Most Active
Recent Topics