Recent Topics

Yonanas

Toni B.
on 11/6/11 7:58 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
Just wondering if anyone has heard of this thing, or even better, tried it?I heard about this a little while ago on Sirius Satellite's Cosmo Radio channel and I have to admit... it got my attention.

You use frozen bananas and other frozen fruit, ~*nothing else*~, and pu**** through the machine and it comes out the texture of soft serve ice cream, except it's nothing but frozen fruit....so totally good for you (in moderation ofcourse!).

www.yonanas.com/

Well next time I cross the border, I think I am going to pick one up (at Target I think). I've been looking for it online, and shipping to Canada seems to be a bit pricey...so I think I will wait.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything good - or bad, about Yonanas.

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Brenda T.
on 11/6/11 8:01 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Cool, never seen anything like this before. Let me know what you think when you get it.

Thanks for sharing.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/11 8:10 am - Canada
Dr. Weil (who I love!) makes soft serve bananas all the time but he uses a food processor. I've heard other people doing the same with great results. I don't like bananas so I haven't tried it. If you have a food processor, I'd try it first with that just to be sure you like it.
Tracey 112205
on 11/6/11 8:49 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I use my food processor to do this all the time.  Bananas work wonderful but some of the other fruit doesn't get as creamy in texture so I add a bit of greek yogurt and then it smooths right now.
Brenda T.
on 11/6/11 8:59 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
yummy and you would get some protien too.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Tracey 112205
on 11/6/11 9:10 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
If you use some bananas and some other fruit then you don't need to add much of anything.  When I did raspberries, I let them thaw just a bit then whiz them up and add a bit of greek yogurt and some splenda as my berries were very tart and it was delish as a dessert.
Manda M.
on 11/6/11 11:41 am
I do! Well did (pre op) all the time! I always used a food processor... there is no need to wait the money and space on another appliance.
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

Vi-Vi
on 12/19/12 7:11 am
VSG on 12/13/12

Hi Toni, I know t know this is an old post but did you ever buy a Yonanas?  I just ordered one for my daughter from the shopping channel.  She loves ice cream so I thought it would be a healthy snack!  I think I'll enjoy it too since I'm  about 6 days post op!  

The reason I'm looking at old posts is because I received a VSG & not an RNY & I remember reading about a girl who had a VSG  & it said surprise it's a VSG!  She posted a few months back how well she was doing & I wanted to chat with her.  I think she was from Sudbury.  I thought it was you but I guess not!  Do you know who I'm talking about by any chance?

Sylvie

Tracey 112205
on 12/19/12 7:14 am, edited 12/19/12 7:16 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

That would be Pink Jelly Bean.   And not from Sudbury though.  :)

ETA:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/pinkjellybean/

Vi-Vi
on 12/19/12 8:15 am
VSG on 12/13/12

Thanks Tracey!  

Cuter_w_Curves
on 12/19/12 11:56 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I freeze banana's and blend them with a bit of cinnamon.. no extra machine needed. Same with other fruit.

But I like the idea of the machine. It'd be fun with my daughter.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG.