once your doctor has placed you on the online list how can you find out where you are

one-last-chance
on 1/22/12 6:55 am - Teeswater, Canada
or do you just wait patiently for word?
Diminishing Dawn
on 1/22/12 7:03 am - Windsor, Canada
From the Bariatric Registry Site:

If you have not heard from your assigned centre within 3-6 months to invite you to an Information/Orientation session, you can try to contact the centre directly. 
NOTE: This may not be successful as the centres are very busy meeting the needs of their patients, and as such you may not reach anyone or receive a return phone call.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

on_my_way2011
on 1/22/12 7:35 am - Canada
I would wait a week or two then call the registry to confirm they got it and what hospital/centre it was forwarded to.  A lot of people wait and wait only to find out their doctor didn't get it sent in right.

I called after two weeks and then called HRRH to confirm they had received it and they booked me for my orientation right on the spot.  Not all centres will do the same, but it never hurts to follow up to make sure all the paperwork went through smoothly.

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/12 11:26 am - Oshawa, Canada
 I actually called my Dr's office a few times and made sure that they sent the referral.... then I waited about a month before calling TWH. They actually answered the phone right away and told me where I stood on the waiting list. They will give you an idea of where you stand and when you should get the letter for orientation.   
Julia P.
on 1/23/12 5:27 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

I agree, call or e-mail the Registry 2 weeks or so after your doctor confirms that they faxed your referral in.  They were able to confirm for me that I was in the system (after a few false starts and going back to my family doctor to sort things out).   They also told me where the referral was sent (in my case TWH, which surprised me as I was sure I was going to Hamilton).

Their e-mail address is -   [email protected] .  A nice woman name Jaclyn got back to me fairly quickly, each time I wrote to her to ask whether or not she could see the referral in her system. 

I then called TWH, and they were able to confirm that they have the referral, and that I should be getting a letter shortly for orientation in March.  So far, so good!

I hope this helps!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

one-last-chance
on 1/23/12 8:46 am - Teeswater, Canada
Thanks so much everyone!
Most Active
Recent Topics