NEW RECIPE

lexxiblue
on 7/23/12 1:38 am
RNY on 01/11/12
sam1am
on 7/23/12 4:11 am
That looks good and reminds me of what I'm making for supper!  I haven't done it in a long time, but you cut a zucchini lengthwise and scoop out some seeds and pulp to make a boat.  You would roast this for about 20 minutes with a little olive oil at about 400 degrees, then fill with hot meat sauce, mushrooms and whatever else you would like, top with a little cheese and broil another few minutes, delish!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Lizzie54
on 7/23/12 4:21 am - Canada
Hi Deb,

This looks so good!  I might make this tonight.

Liz
Liz   

Kerigan
on 7/23/12 4:34 am
 this looks very tasty! thanks for posting the link :)
Patti K.
on 7/23/12 9:27 am - Kingston On, Canada
Hi....almost looks like eggfaces' "bites"....she has a ton on her site as well....with zucchini starting...makes me think they'd be pretty tasty!!  Patti K.

Lizzie54
on 7/23/12 10:16 am - Canada
 I was planning to make these tonight..went into Longos to buy zucchini and guess what, they didn't have any!!
I will try another store tomorrow and hopefully make them..
Liz   

sam1am
on 7/23/12 11:00 am
I did make my zucchini boats for supper and they were terrific!  I was thinking that we could use zucchini either in layered thin slices put into a muffin tin and roasted, or scoop out a 1.5" chunk of zucchini and put into a muffin tin as well.  Once the zucchini has cooked for about 20 min at 400, you could add your favourite meat sauce plus whatever veggies you like and top with cheese.  You could freeze these and make them into lasagna cupcakes without the carbs. 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics