Does milk count as water intake?

ShallowGirl
on 9/15/12 11:35 pm, edited 9/15/12 11:37 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Yes, any liquid counts towards "water" and fruits (most) are 80% water etc.

If you are peeing regularly and the pee is light yellow then you are hydrated.

In the first couple of weeks I would sometimes have flat veins in my hands (my "tell") or wake up with a dry mouth, or pee a light brown.... you get the idea.  I had to work on the water the first month.

I got MIO to flavour my water (didn't put mu***** and tried to take a sip every few minutes.

After about 2 weeks it became easier to get my water in.  My body decided to cooperate finally.

ROOM TEMPERATURE or warm liquids went down easier.  Cold liquids gave me a cramp.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

40sMomma
on 9/16/12 4:50 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 08/22/12
I have been drinking cold water, but by the time I get to most of it, I'm sure it's room temp.  lol

I don't seem to have the same issue with food though...which is the exact opposite of what I would have expected.

I pee about every 4 hours it seems and I feel it is pretty light coloured.  I don't 'feel' dehydrated, but my knuckle-skin does stand up when I pinch it (I think that's because I'm getting older though. lol)

I've been using these metal water bottles from Costco because they supposedly keep your drink colder longer, but I think I'm actually going to try not using the water bottles for a bit.  Maybe an open glass will be easier and I'll be more conscious of how much/little water I'm actually getting before the end of the day.

I thought about doing Crystal Light or something else like that, but I've never had an issue with water before.  It's all I really drank really presurgery, except for hot chocolates in the winter.  I don't do coffee or teas, and I'm not good on broths either.
40sMomma
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Referral from GP- July/11 Orientation at TWH-Nov 24/11 Nurse appt-Jan 18/12
SW-Jan 18/12 Nutrition Class -Feb1/12 Diet - Feb2/12 Psych - Feb7/12
Surgeon Mtg- June 29/12 PreOp - Aug 4/12 Surgery-Aug 22/12

40sMomma
on 9/16/12 4:52 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 08/22/12
Something I found on this forum last night said that only clear, non-caloric liquid counts for your liquid intake.  Which worries me because milk is both not clear and has calories.
40sMomma
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Referral from GP- July/11 Orientation at TWH-Nov 24/11 Nurse appt-Jan 18/12
SW-Jan 18/12 Nutrition Class -Feb1/12 Diet - Feb2/12 Psych - Feb7/12
Surgeon Mtg- June 29/12 PreOp - Aug 4/12 Surgery-Aug 22/12

Most Active
Recent Topics