So nervous, I am very afraid of surgery and complications, but I am in very poor health

one-last-chance
on 10/8/12 11:03 am - Teeswater, Canada
anyone else feel like this preop   I have multiple health risk factors presurgical may even be turned down.  Wanted to loose wt with w****chers but cannot seem to do.
I have info session in October what can I expect next
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/12 11:26 am - Guelph, Canada
 That depends on your center... Each one does things a little different 
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/12 11:34 am - Guelph, Canada
 I just looked up teeswater and I think you would be going to guelph...

you can expect a lot of information...along with the expectations of the clinic...like smoke free ... Recreational drug use free... Commitment to the program and a new healthy lifestyle 

theybwill explain what the surgery is... The risks and the benefits 

there will be a Q & A session... If you choose to proceed they will give you instructions on how to book appointments...

they will NOT be doing any assessments like if you will or will not be able to have surgery..that's what the appointments are for..

if you don't mind sharing..what health concerns do you have? I am sure with the vets here they can help with putting your mind at ease of tell you what to expect.
JJ_
on 10/8/12 12:14 pm
Welcome to the forum,

So what are your options?  What are the health complications that you are currently facing OTHER THAN BEING morbidly obese?

Each centre will want any other health issues to be stable, either controlled by medication or other means or in remission.

This will be major surgery.  So do the risks outweigh the benefits of going forward?  Are you so sick that proceeding towards surgery is not a viable option for you?

Being nervous is a normal state.  You are not sure what to expect, (you have lots to learn), and you are wondering if you are a good candidate for surgery.

Good luck on your journey.

Judy
Niki L.
on 10/8/12 12:38 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
I so get it i am 6 days away from surgery and i keep think why am i doing this but i want to be healthy and right now i am not and if i could of lost the weight i would have by now i think we are all afraid and is just apart of it all

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/12 7:15 pm - Straford, Canada
 If WW, jenny, atkins, etc worked we wouldn't be having surgery would we?  Next!  

Do it for yourself or resign yourself to your current health direction.  As I see it, those are your choices. 
Cuter_w_Curves
on 10/9/12 2:10 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
Even when the "etc" works... It may not last. *sigh*

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Vi-Vi
on 10/8/12 9:08 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 I think we are all nervous!  Do your sessions and talk to ppl.  I have been waiting 1 1/2 yrs for this and now that I'm more informed I feel better.  I read this web site every day and now my turn is here soon.  I'm still nervous but it's better.  Good luck with your decision!!
Monica M.
on 10/8/12 10:38 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
absolutely felt like that. but then i figured i was more afraid of being obese for the rest of my life.

Keep trying to lose weight with weigh****chers, it doesnt hurt to try, for sure.

one-last-chance
on 10/9/12 5:19 am - Teeswater, Canada

Thanks everyone.
My risk factors are that I have a mixed connective tissue disease and I have had blood clots in my lungs x2 I must continue blood thinners for life so it will be worked around the proceedure.

Most Active
Recent Topics