Did you get sick on Opti?

lilviolet
on 11/9/12 11:12 am - Canada

OMG, yesterday was my first day on Opti and I was so sick.  I ended up going to bed at 6pm and set my alarm to get up to have my last shake, but when I got up I just couldn't do it. 

This morning I weighed myself just for the heck of it and I'd gained 4 pounds since yesterday!  Is that normal?  I only had three shakes, a little broth and a cup of tea.  After my morning shake my husband and I drove the boys to their other school for a special program and I didn't think I was going to make it home, I had a terrible headache and felt dizzy and sick to my stomach.   Once we were home I went to bed and stayed there for an hour and a half.  Woke up and hoped I'd slept through lunch. LOL  My husband wanted to go for a walk and thought it might be good for me, so we drove to the mall to walk around.  I got the worst stabbing pain in my lower back and it got worse when I sat down so we came home.  I spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch and finally felt human after having some tylenol and tea. 

The headache I've had is from caffiene withdrawal I'm sure, but tylenol seems to help it. 

time2changeme
on 11/9/12 12:01 pm

I was on opti-fast for 6 weeks before my surgery, and thank goodness I didn't have any big side effects.

I few times I got a bit light-headed and dizzy but I am sure it was from not drinking enough water.  Some days I

tired myself out fighting off the cravings for food, but I made it.  I went from the opti-trots to the opti-clog and I

had to be careful how much activity I was doing each day as my energy level was down somewhat.  I think the

first 4 days or so our bodies just try to get used it what we are doing, then it gets better.

Good Luck, hopefully your feeling better tomorrow, keep us posted!

Jason W.
on 11/9/12 7:12 pm - Canada

I get a sick feeling just thinking about opti-crap. You have to concentrate on the final goal, your surgery and the fact that you need to make it as safe as possible with a thinner liver.kiss

Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

Hannahmumma03
on 11/9/12 8:31 pm - Oshawa Ontario, Canada

Today is day 3 off optifast for me and the only thing I 've experienced is feeling a wee bit tired in the afternoon of the 1st day!!

Happy with the way things are going with it, having fun with flavour combinations in the optifasts.....loving the sugar-free torani caramel syrup!! Made a London Fog with vanilla opti yesterday and was delicious!!

Take care Lilviolet......here's hoping it gets better soon:)

Christie

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

shrinkingeve
on 11/9/12 9:36 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12

Have you checked your blood sugar? I am on day 17 of Optifast and I have those days as well...It is not fun....I dont think it is intended to be but you will get through it just make sure you dont have any obstacles like dehydration, constipation or low blood sugar.

I run  The O.W.L.S. (Ottawa Weight Loss Surgery) Closet. We are a local clothing exchange and social group stemmed off of a couple of the local support boards on Facebook and also OH members for those having had or going to have WLSWe meet monthly for a large clothing exchange and potluck in the East end of Ottawa.

Feel free to contact me for details or add me on facebook: "Evie Katt"

lilviolet
on 11/9/12 10:04 pm - Canada

Checked my blood sugar this morning.  15.6!!  I thought it was supposed to go down.  Eek!  Back on the Metformin as I was instructed and if it's not down by Monday I'm supposed to call. 

Hannahmumma03
on 11/9/12 11:22 pm - Oshawa Ontario, Canada

I have been waking up with just slightly over 10's with my b.s #.....2 hours after the a.m. shake it went up to 12.1...so I gave myself another dose of insulin......I will be calling on monday too!

Christie

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

shrinkingeve
on 11/10/12 12:11 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12

That is so odd as I found myself low due to the low carbs and sugars...I guess everyone is different...I was once told about a theory that super sweet tasting things even sugar free but tasting sweet can fool the body and raise levels....not sure I believe it but I have heard of it....

I hope this gets sorted for you and fast!

I run  The O.W.L.S. (Ottawa Weight Loss Surgery) Closet. We are a local clothing exchange and social group stemmed off of a couple of the local support boards on Facebook and also OH members for those having had or going to have WLSWe meet monthly for a large clothing exchange and potluck in the East end of Ottawa.

shrinkingeve
on 11/10/12 12:09 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12

Oh dear that is why you feel like that!!!! Mine has been 4.9-5.9 on Optifast with metformin.

Niki L.
on 11/9/12 10:26 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
I got very sick on optifast sick to my tummy dizzy and than hives if it dose not get better call your Dr

Most Active
Recent Topics