Constipation and other moving matters :O)

Sue2.0
on 12/11/12 10:53 pm

Great Info Mermaids, I'll definitely keep an eye on my "movements" once I start opti and drink more water.

HW:289lbs     Pre Opti:282lbs     Post Opti: 272lbs     Hosp Goal:160lbs   Personal Goal:140lbs

Referral: Nov. 15/12   Orient:  March 28/12   Nurse: April 25/12   Social W: May 11/12   Psych: Aug. 1/12 Nut: Aug. 1/12     Surgeon: Nov. 2/12      PATTS: Dec. 18/12      SURGERY:  Jan. 21/13

dana8221
on 12/11/12 11:03 pm - Canada
Great post..you said it like we all know can and had happened. My biggest issue came 7 days post plastics where I truly used the narcotics given to me. I experienced what I like to call my 7 hours in hell... I was seriously considering a trip to the ER...

A friend in the states introduced me to Miralax..which I have not looked for here yet but I am sure there will be something similar. Fibre makes poop..eat more fibre make more poop...which is great if your bowels are pushing the poop along.... Mine were not and this tasteless, drop it in some water, miracle drug, pulls more moisture INTO the bowels to help move things along. It is not a softener it just helps the bowels function properly...been part of my morning routine for 3 weeks and I am happy to repirt happy endings each and every day since..which 3 years post op I was unable to say before!!!

Pats jan 18th to today 106lbs-Surgery jan 27th to today 96!!
Karen M.
on 12/11/12 11:21 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Oh Dana, thank you for this post! Miralax is called Restoralax here in Canada. Going out to get some before my surgery!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 12/11/12 11:24 pm - Toronto, Canada

Restoralax is my friend. Cheaper at Costco too.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

dana8221
on 12/12/12 3:27 am - Canada

Good to know!!  Happily going to Costco to do some Christmas shopping and will get my fill of Restoralax there!!!

dana8221
on 12/12/12 3:30 am - Canada

Karen, I was in hell....I took tylenol with codine because it was less powerful than Oxy...but it was horrible.  Make sure you are proactive..I was so bound I believe I was impacted and then I started involuntarily contracting...and with the fleur de lis incision and abdominal muscle repair and 2 hernia repairs....it was HELL!!!

Lesson learned the hard way!!!

mermaidz
on 12/12/12 6:38 am - Brampton, Canada

Miralax..is actually a laxative... sold at Costco ( I gotta get a buddy who has a Costco card) or online apparently .. I'm always shocked at what you CAN buy online but that's neither here nor there

Apparently it's only supposed to be used occasionally? but if it gets ya moving...............

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

nata
on 12/12/12 12:33 am - Ottawa, Canada

Sorry, can't relate to it...

It starts in the morning with RUN! don't walk!

then at 8am, just as I need to step out of the door, It's little quick... Oh, so much again?

It is usually very quiet until 6pm and then it's a matter of seconds again. Good thing that in four years I already know my 'critical hours'. just before the bed it's optional, but very often .. yep, I better go, 'cause waiting extra 20 seconds is unadvisable.

And if I gained my favourite 10 pounds and wanna bo "back to  basics" well, DS style - bacon, bacon, bacon, ... a little more bacon, no thanks, I can't eat half melba toast, too much carbs, better take some more bacon... make it three times in the morning and three times at night, lol.

Well, a little exaggerated, but you've got the idea.

Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
mermaidz
on 12/12/12 6:41 am - Brampton, Canada

Now that's what I'm talkin bout girlfriend.

You got it going on.

Now be sharing some of that..........nope.. never mind.. Dont be sharin nuthin lmao

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Lolabug
on 12/12/12 1:51 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13
Great post. I do have a question. I'm per-op and have been having a shake for breakfast every morning with pysillium husks for fibre. Is that not suggested for the optifast and postoperative stages? Is it not allowed for some reason?
Most Active
Recent Topics