DOSE OF REALITY

ROGER COTE
on 1/4/13 12:42 am - McGREGOR ONTARIO, Canada

HI EVERYONE HAVEN'T BEEN ON FOR A LONG TIME . IT'S BEEN A TOUGH YEAR FOR MY FAMILY . MY WIFE GOT SHINGLES BACK IN JANUARY THAT WENT TO HER EYES AND BLINDED HER. A YEAR LATER AND THIRTY VISITS TO ST. JOSEPH'S HOSPITAL IN LONDON SHE HAS REGAINED ENOUGH VISION TO RETURN TO A MOSTLY NORMAL LIFE . I REALIZE THAT AFTER ALL MY STRUGGLES WITH MY WEIGHT OVER THE YEARS THAT THERE ARE THINGS IN LIFE THAT CAN ALWAYS BE WORSE . I THANK GOD FOR ALL MY GOOD FORTUNE . I THOUGHT MY WEIGHT LOSS WAS THE GREATEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME , BUT WHEN MY WIFE GOT HER LIFE BACK FROM REGAINING SOME OF HER VISION I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW TRULY GRATEFUL AND RELIEVED I AM .I REALIZE NOW IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE IT BAD IT CAN ALWAYS BE WORSE . LIFES A MARATHON KEEP YOUR CHIN UP ...........................ROGER COTE

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/4/13 12:44 am - Windsor, Canada

Hi Roger,

Good to see you!!

Wow - that's very scary about what happened to your wife. Glad to hear that her vision is mostly restored and

that you are doing well!

Take care,

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Karen M.
on 1/4/13 12:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

A very Happy New Year to you and your wife, Roger.  I'm so glad to hear that she is recovering and doing well and that you're doing well too.  Take care, both of you.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

time2changeme
on 1/4/13 12:49 am

Happy New Year Roger!

Your right we truly have so much to be "Thankful" for, thanks for sharing your story to keep us

in touch with reality!  Blessings to you and your wife in 2013! 

Patm
on 1/4/13 12:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Wow that must have been really scary for her. I hope 2013 brings good fortune to both of you.

2mar
on 1/4/13 1:01 am
RNY on 09/20/12

Happy New  Year . I hope 2013 will be  better for you and your wife than 2012. And indeed... Life is a marathon.. Best wishes.

Catw
on 1/4/13 1:12 am - Arnprior, Canada

Happy New Year!

Glad to hear that your wife has recovered, it must have been a scary time for you both.

I agree, life is a marathon, not a sprint.  In that marathon we run into hurdles.  It's not the number of hurdles we run into, it's how we deal with each one that matters.  It sounds like you've both done really well over this past one.

May 2013 be better than 2012, with smaller hurdles to face.

Cathy

jdance
on 1/4/13 2:54 am - Canada

Thank you so much for kicking me in the butt. We never appreciate what we have until something happens.

I'm glad your wife is doing better.

I will try and appreciate things more and stop complaining about the little things.

slrm2m2
on 1/4/13 4:24 am - Canada

Thanks for keeping it real.  Your story is a good reminder to all of us to live each day feeling grateful for what we have.  

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Onward and
Downward

on 1/4/13 5:25 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

So glad your wife is on the mend, Roger.  Happy New Year to both of you, and all the best for 2013.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics