Worried....

Monica9811
on 3/11/13 7:32 am - Peterborough, Canada

I had my surgery on the 27th of February.  No complications, it was and has been a walk in the park so far.  However I am dealing with a cracked molar that is causing me severe pain.  I was at the dentist last week and they tried to put bonding on it-it is still extremely painful so I am told it will need to be removed.  I have a consult with an Oral Surgeon on Wednesday but the problem is the pain is so bad I am taking 1.5 T1's every 2-3 hours and the pain is so bad today I took half a percocet.  To give you an idea after surgery I had pain meds the day of and then 2 percs the following day and nothing else-so I do have a high pain tolerance.  But this tooth pain is the worst I have ever experienced.  Am I doing damage taking these Tylenols?  I dont want to but I can't function.  I am going to try and call surgeon tomorrow and see if they will squeeze me in as an emergency person.  Some places were telling me they could get me in April 11th.  I absolutely cannot wait that long or I will be swinging from a branch lol. 

debralight
on 3/11/13 7:34 am, edited 3/11/13 7:35 am - Canada

I doubt you are doing damage taking the painkillers but you might want to add some fiber/stool softeners/laxative to your diet to avoid getting all "clogged" up. Painkillers are notorious for causing constipation so just make sure you stay on top of that.

Just as an aside I think (you might want to double check this) the maximum recommended dose of tylenol is 4grams per day  (4000mg) so you might want to count up what you are taking and make sure you keep under that per day.

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

(deactivated member)
on 3/11/13 7:34 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Those are the drugs of choice for RNY.  You may want to add in a stool softener though as the narcotics will for sure constipate you.

Nanato2
on 3/11/13 7:46 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Yes Monica maybe they can take you in ASAP.

I totally understand the pain you are going through as I have had tooth pain so bad while waiting for oral surgeon the pain just shoots up the side of your face into your head you want to scream.  I do not think you taking the tylenols will cause any issue but if  you worried call your centre and talk to them.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

johjen
on 3/11/13 9:28 am

I once had the BRILLIANT idea once to stop at Wal-Mart and buy oragel for a broken tooth that was KILLING me... got to the car... opened the package and promptly put a big ol' dab directly into the open tooth... and hit the F$%& Roof of the car... screaming and crying like I was being murdered... People must have thought I was nuts!  LOL... Lesson learned...  (Oh I also was taking 2 advil Migraine pills and 2 alieve pills every four hours... before I reolized that Alieve is a 24 hour dose... duh...) did I mention I have a high pain tolerance too?  Tooth pain Sucks! 

Monica9811
on 3/11/13 11:06 pm - Peterborough, Canada

LOL thanks for the laugh!!  I bought that stupid orajel but it didn't do a damn thing except turn my tongue orange.  I am going to call the oral surgeon right now and see if I can get in quicker.  If I could take advil I would be taking 12 a day right now lol.

Joanne D.
on 3/11/13 7:52 am - Canada
I work in a dental office......
My suggestion would be to call the Oral Surgeon's office to get you in ASAP. They always keep openings during the day for emerg patients like yourself. You should not have to wait until Wednesday! Let them know how much pain you are having.
Good Luck!
Joanne.

referral from GP July 2012     Orientation October 2012  SW initial Dec 2012   Nurse Prac. Dec 2012   Nutrition Initial Jan 2012  Nutrition Jan 2012      Psycho social Jan 2013    Meeting with Surgeon Feb 22 2013     Surgery May 2nd ( Dr. Jackson TWH)

JEANFISICO
on 3/11/13 9:06 am - Canada

Tylenol 3 with codeine is the one that will constipate you, just drink lots of water,usual recommended dose is 1-2 every 4-6 hours.  Good luck, tooth pain wears you down quickly.

Referral March 2012, Orientation October 2012, Dr Starr appt, Nov 15/12 Weight 310 lb, Gi series Nurse, dietician,SW Nov 29, Gastroscopy Dec 4,2nd Dr appt Dec 12, Dr Glazer and echocardiogram Feb 14, 2013, Optifast start Feb 21, pre-op February Feb 26, Surgery March 14, 2013

Patm
on 3/11/13 9:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds aweful. Hope you can get an earlier appt

Monica M.
on 3/11/13 12:26 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

short term, its ok. Hopefully they'll get that tooth taken care of soon!!

Most Active
Recent Topics